~*~On The Blog~*~
Although I started the month off with some computer issues, October was an amazing month for me. I got a ton of reviews up that were all amazing reads, which was nice. I also introduced a new meme that I am going to post sporadically here for the fun of it and I had an all around good time. My internship at Bloomsbury is going great, my book club met for the first time and had a blast, I survived and did well on all my midterms, I have an awesome Epic Recs partner, and I'm overall a happy person. What more could you ask for?
Books Reviewed:Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers - 5 stars
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - 4.5 stars
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - 4.5 stars
Chaos by Sarah Fine - 4 stars
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers - 4 stars
Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch - 4 stars
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - 1.5 stars
The Broadway Review:
- I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it! I had one written and it just didn't post...so there will be 2 next month!
- None currently. There will be one in the beginning of November in conjunction with my final Comic Con recap post, though! ;) It's going to be BIG.
- I have a confession: my bookshelves calm me down when I am emotional. They are an amazing stress reliever and my mood actually affects how I organize. See why here.
- In honor of Halloween, I recommended some creepy reads for squeamish readers. If you are anything like myself, you can't handle blood and guts and gore, but you love a good, dark atmosphere. Side note: this is one of my post popular posts in a while, thank you so much for the amount of views and comments on this! <3
- I introduced a new meme entitled bookish emojis and I absolutely love it. It's exactly how it sounds...general Apple emojis with bookish definitions! Please check it out and share the love, I find it to be downright hilarious!
- I did my New York Comic Con day one recap and you can find that here!
- I also did my New York Comic Con day two recap which you can find here!
- I started Epic Recs and it is so much fun!
- I explain what Mischief Night is and have a brief identity crisis because my younger sister is officially an adult now. WHAT.
Guest Posts and Bonus Content:
- Hey look! A guest post from Inq and Dawn Metcalf!
~*~What I've Been Watching~*~
- I saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder again! Not only is this show amazing, but my old internship boss wanted to see it, as did Emily and my aunt.
- I also saw Beautiful: The Carole King Musical and was shocked by how much talent was on this stage. The theater set up was super cool and I had no idea Carole King was responsible for certain songs.
- Breaking Bad is my current Netflix binge still. I'm also still in season two because I put the show on the backburner to read more this month. Can't you see how many new books I have read and reviewed this month?
- Once Upon A Time Season 4 is simultaneously nuts and really disappointing. They're finally taking the Frozen plot in a new direction, which is making me happy. I won't be disappointed if this continues. And the ending of last episode! What!
- Survivor is going strong. I really like some people on this year, really don't like others. Kind of wish we could go back to Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn instead of loved ones.
- I watched the original Double Indemnity for my film noir class and loved it. It's such a great movie with a classic plot and amazing actors and implementing of counter-narratives.
- I watched Body Heat for the same class. Very similar plot, but with a lot of sex that had someone in the library asking me why I was watching porn. Yeah...
- GBF, as always, is amazing. It's on Netflix. Watch it. Thank me later.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3