Top Ten Tuesday #1


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics. 
This week's topic: Top Ten Sites I Visit That Aren't Book Related

So excited to get my first Top Ten Tuesday underway!

1. Youtube - I'm a music nut, that's all there is to it. I'll listen to almost anything and everything with the exception of some extreme country music and any music that contains screaming, so I'm always on youtube looking for new songs or listening to songs that I've been too lazy to download onto my iTunes yet.


2. Vegetarian Times - What a lot of people don't know about me is that I've been a vegetarian for over a decade even though I am only 17 years old. Nobody else in my family is a vegetarian, so I'm constantly looking for new recipes to convince my Mom to make so I'm not always stuck with pasta or salad or tiny side dishes at dinner.


3. Tumblr - I love Tumblr, that's all there is to it. I have a blog on there and have met an amazing friend off tumblr, but I plan on keeping my Blogger and my Tumblr separate. Blogger is something I take seriously because I love books and want to connect with people like me. Tumblr is just a place where I can pass the time when I'm bored. It's gotten old.


4. Yahoo  - My Dad got me into the habit of patrolling Yahoo when I'm bored because it's always good to know what's going on in the world. Plus, some of the videos that pop up on this website are the perfect things to pass the times in school when you're stuck in a lecture.


5. NY Times - I got to the NY Times for the same reason that I go to Yahoo. The only difference is that the NY Times is ever changing and more serious. It covers a wider plethora of stories than Yahoo, too.


6. Free TV and Videos Online - I don't know if any of you know about this website, but if I were you, I'd check it out. Just like its title suggests, it links to free television shows and movies of almost any show and movie that isn't super recent. Even then, most of the television shows get updated a day or two after this week's episode may air. Plus, anything free rocks.


7. INSERT ANY COLLEGE WEBSITE HERE - I totally get that this may be taking a freebie on this number, but it's true. I'm finishing up my Junior year in high school and I'm in the process of touring colleges and looking them up online since I will be applying to them in a few short months. The thought scares the crap out of me, but these sites tend to occupy a lot of my free time these days.


8. IMDB - It's IMDB. It talks about all the best actors and actresses and movies and tv shows. Need I say more?


9. Meebo - My internet doesn't always cooperate with me, so if I'm trying to avoid getting logged out repeatedly from iChat or AIM (depends which house I'm at) Meebo is my go-to place to talk to my friends since I hate Facebook.


10. Pogo - Pogo is a game website. I love it. My friend and her family are pogo addicts and they got me hooked on it in 2008 when they moved away. We keep in touch and compete on there since there are badges in games that you earn each week. It has games of every type and never gets old to me, yet another endlessly entertaining way to pass the time.

13 comments:

  1. OMG! A fellow Pogo gal!!!!
    We have to meet up in pogo on wed and play together!
    http://www.pogo.com/profiles/djsfoxylady
    That is my profile page. LMK what yours is and I will add you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha my sister created my account back when we both played basketball, so it's bask8ball21. 21's my lucky number. shoot me a message whenever you are free!

      Delete
  2. I just realized you don't have a follow button or a subscribe button!! AAAHHH!!!
    Gonna add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm so new to blogger! how do I add one? You can just go to "add" on your homepage and type in my url, but if you could tell me how to get the button, that'd be awesome too! lol

      Delete
    2. Sorry I stepped away for a bit...yay! You got it! HAHA I am the first follower.

      Delete
    3. haha thank you and welcome to my blog! trying to set up some draft reviews, but blogger isn't cooperating!

      Delete
  3. Love the free TV link! Thanks a million for sharing.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so easy to get lost on Youtube for hours. That and IMDB would be in my top ten too. Thanks for following my blog! I followed back =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the follow back! I adore your blog!

      Delete
  5. I forgot about IMDB! I don't know what I was thinking. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate to your selection! I'm a vegetarian myself (only for two years, though) and I have the exact same side dishes-problem. Also, I have to apply to colleges/universities, too, so I'm constantly looking them up online!
    By the way, maybe we could chat sometime via Email or Goodreads or something? I could use some tips on a healthy (!) veggie lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare that I come across other vegetarians, in all honesty. Not many live in my area, so I'd love to talk food with you!

      Where are you looking to go to college?

      Shoot me an email or message me on goodreads. All my info is under the "contact me" tab! (:

      Delete