Waiting on Wednesday #2


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases and it is hosted by the fabulous Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
 

Date of Publication: June 5, 2012
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Reading Level: Ages 12 and up
Number of Pages: 368 pages

~*~Summary~*~
 Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha… and the secrets of her heart.


~*~Why I'm Waiting~*~

This novel is the first novel in The Grisha trilogy. I have been waiting for this novel to come out because I have seen nothing but positive reviews all over amazon, goodreads, and the young adult blogging community. It got me excited to read a novel that seems to be completely original with a concept that has not been used before in the young adult genre. I'm excited to get my hands on something new and entirely unique!

12 comments:

  1. Not that much longer until the release and can't wait. Great choice!

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one! The Russian like setting sounds awesome and I hear nothing but raving for it. Great pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm so excited for this book! All the early reviews are just amazing and I've already pre-ordered my book! Great pick this week :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't convince my parents to pre-order. lol Just have to get my hands on it when I can convince them to take me to Barnes and Noble.

      Delete
  4. I've just read this recently and it was SO good, so I'm really glad that you've chosen this one. You will love it! :)

    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have an ARC? Ah, you're so lucky!

      Delete
  5. Love the cover of this! It definitely has a strong Russian feel to it in my opinion. :D

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I preordered this based on a friend's review, and I think I'll just hold my breath for these few days until it arrives. Fortunately it's not very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you'll have it way before I do! I hope it's as amazing of a read as it sounds!

      Delete
  7. I have heard great things about this one! I'm looking forward to reading it as well.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete