The Liebster Blog Award

Before I launch into this post, I have something to say. I follow many people that declared their blogs award free zones because they don't have the time to give them to other people. Originally, I was debating on doing the same thing, but finding out I got this award put a smile on my face. As a new blogger, it feels good to know that someone out there that follows me loves my blog and my posts, therefore they love my mind. It doesn't take long to make someone else happy, only 10-15 minutes to write out this post and hopefully make 10 other people smile the way that Morgan made me smile. It's a cute little idea that spreads happiness and warmth. I would encourage people to take part in awards for the opportunity to make others feel appreciated through a very sweet gesture. I can say that I feel really appreciated now. :) Thank you, Morgan.


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. How sweet is that??
 
The rules:
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

Ten Random Facts About Me:
  1. Despite being only 17 years old, I have been a dedicated vegetarian for over a decade.  It was a personal choice that my family supports, but does not take part in.
  2. As of yesterday (Thursday, June 21, 2012) I finished my Junior year in high school and am officially a Senior! I'm still in shock as I write this.
  3. I have a little sister who makes me want to run head first into a wall 99.9% of the time, but I love her anyway.
  4. Ever since I was little, my dream has been to work in a book-publishing house in New York City for young adult novels.
  5. I am still touring colleges, but my heart is telling me that I am going to end up in Massachusetts unless one of my newer prospective schools completely blows me away. I'd die to attend Northeastern, Emerson, or UMass Amherst.
  6. My mother is from Baltimore, Maryland and my Dad constantly moved between Brooklyn and Queens before heading to college. Because of this, when I was little, I had the worst accent you could ever imagine. It took my Mom years to coach me out of it. I still laugh whenever I think about it.
  7. I was born in New York City even though I have never lived outside of New Jersey. I hate it here and can't wait to get out.
  8. My best friend recently came out of the closet and I fully support gay rights. It's one of the few political topics that I actually pay attention to. It effects people that are very near and dear to my heart.
  9. I love traveling. I've traveled outside of the country more than I have within it because I was fortunate enough to serve the country as a Student Ambassador. While I've been to the Caribbean Islands and all over Europe, I've never been off the east coast in this country and the wannabe world-traveler in me absolutely hates it.
  10. Books have been my sanctuary all my life. I don't know what I'd do without them. Seriously. 
Questions That Morgan Has For Me:
  • How long have you been blogging?
    • I started blogging on May 20, 2012. So I've only been blogging for a month and 2 days!
  • Why did you start blogging?
    • I started blogging because none of my friends are as crazy about books as I am and I wanted to be able to record my thoughts. I wish I stumbled across this community sooner because I already feel like I'm part of the family.
  • Who is your favorite author?
    • That's a tie between Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout!
  • What is your favorite book?
    • My favorite books that I would blog about are The Mortal Instruments Series. How could you go wrong with those? But, overall, the book that I will always love the most is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
  • Do you have any ARCs right now? If so, what?
    • No, I don't! I hope to own some someday, though! I recently beta read a book, so I know that I'll have an ARC waiting for me if it ever makes it to print, which I surely hope it does because it was amazing!
  • What are your favorite genres to read?
    • Anything young adult fiction obviously! I love romance, so paranormal romance seems to be my top genre. I also read urban fantasy, dystopia, and sci-fi fantasy. I've been trying to get into contemporary literature and historical fiction.
  • How many books are in your TBR pile?
    • About 200/300. My real TBR list is on my laptop, not on Goodreads. I've been too lazy to transfer all the books to Goodreads. lol. I have about 40 books in my home that I still need to read, but I'm constantly adding new ones to the list that seem to be taken off before the old ones. Some have been on there since 2009!
  • If you could be a book character for a day who would you be? Why?
    •  I'd probably want to be Anna from Sweet Evil. I absolutely love the world that Higgins created for her with all of the Dukes that worked for the devil. It mesmerized me. Why wouldn't I want to live in it for a day or two? Spending time with the Son of the Duke of Lust, hello!
  • What is your favorite place to read? Why?
    • I love to read  on the patio at my Dad's house. I like the sun to beat down on me as I read and a nice breeze is awesome, too. He has these awesome cushioned chairs that are so comfortable. I can't read on my Mom's patio because our neighbor has a dog that barks constantly next door and I lose focus.
  • If you could live in a different time period what would you choose? Why?
    • Ah, I can't answer this one! I recently watched a movie in my Italian class from the 60's all the way to 2003. I guess I'd want to live in Italy right after the Sicilian judges cracked down on the mafia. It seemed like a beautiful place.
Blogs I Tagged:

I wanted to tag 10 blogs like everyone else, but apparently most of the people I follow seem to have over 200 followers and many of those who are under 200 followers haven't gotten the award yet. Oh, well.
  1. Book Haven Extraordinaire
  2. Little Miss Bookworm
  3. Read, Write and Read Some More
  4. Heise Reads and Recommends 
  5. Book Lagniappe

My Questions For Them:
  1. How long have you been blogging?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. Who is your favorite author?
  4. What is your favorite book?
  5. Do you have any ARCs right now? If so, what?
  6. How many books are in your TBR pile?
  7. What is your favorite place in the world? Why?
  8. What is your favorite place to read? Why?
  9. What is your favorite thing about book blogging?
  10. What are your favorite genres?
THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment