Top Ten Tuesday #4

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics.
 This week's topic: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend as Good Beach Reads.

Before I begin, I'd like to explain that I'm not a beach reader, and there aren't many beach reads in my bookcase. So, you may not agree with my picks, but out of the novels in my case, I'd totally bring these to the beach with me.

I hope I'm not cheating by choosing 2 series of 5. lol

 #'s 1-5: Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
I grew up reading this series. It captivates you and refuses to let you put the book down as you get lost in the world of mythology that Riordan so expertly weaved. They're on the shorter side, and somehow are light reads even with all the action packed into them. These, in my opinion, are the perfect beach reads. You can't ever get enough of them, no matter what your age.

#'s 6-10: The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter 
I'm going to be completely honest with you, I have not read the last two books in the series yet. Number 4 has been on my dusty reads shelf for forever and a day, and I have yet to pick up the fifth book in the series. Things are this way because the spacing between the books were such large time spans. This series was one of my favorites when I was younger, but I found myself forgetting some of the things that happened between the release of each novel. I have to go back and read them. I put these as beach reads because I figured these would be great novels to knock out back-to-back. Everything from this cute and entertaining spy series will be fresh on your mind. Plus, we all know Ally Carter is the Queen of writing YA spy novels.

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to read Rick Riordan's books. I hear so many good things. Great way to do your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: And I totally recommend reading them! They were my childhood lol

      Delete
  2. Eeeppp!!! I'm so with you on Ally Carter's book. Haven't read The Gallaghers yet but I've read Heist Society and it was SO awesome. Great list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved Heist Society and its sequel!

      Delete
  3. I really loved Heist Society and have been meaning to get to the Gallaghers serious. And I just love Ally Carter as a person. And The Percy Jackon series is on my must reads because my boyfriend says they're and if he says they're good, they MUST be good.

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha your boyfriend has good taste.

      Delete
  4. I love the Percy Jackson series and the The Gallagher Girls series so I love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is perfect for the beach! Love those books!

    ReplyDelete