Top Ten Tuesday #5


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics.
This week's topic: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List.

1. Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout. This book comes out on August 14th and I went absolutely nuts for its prequel, so this will be my number one book to read this Summer.

2. Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout. As evident by my number one pick, I love Jennifer L. Armentrout, so I want to start her others series, too. So, why not add the sequel in the Covenant Series on here, too? I'll definitely be reading the sequel as well: Pure.

3. Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo. This was one of my very first WoW's. I've been dying to read this book for so long and it's my mission to get my hands on it this Summer. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it since its release.

4. Monument 14 - Emmy Laybourne. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book as well and I'm dying to get my hands on it. The idea of it is so unique... I just can't wait to read it.

5. Otherkin - Nina Berry. This book has been on my WoW's for a while. It seems so unique and I can always go for something original. It comes out July 31! Can't wait.

6. Undertow - Callie Kingston. This book deals with a girls journey to find the merman who rescued her from dying. I have been loving mermaid books lately, and I figured this is such an amazing Summer read! Plus, I've only read about mermaids, rarely merman. It's already out in paper-back edition.

7. Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins. This is a lighter paranormal novel, which I love. I've heard nothing but great things about it and want to read it because of this. There are two other books in the series, but I won't be worrying about those until I knock this one out first.

8-10. The Heroes of Olympus Series (#1, #2, #3) - Rick Riordan. I don't know about you guys, but when I was younger, I lived off of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. Rick Riordan will forever have a place in my heart because of them. I know I may be getting old for his books, but I want to read his other books, too. They'll be the best Summer reads: short, awesome, and full of mythology!

This was such a hard list to make because there are SO many books I plan on reading this Summer. What do you guys think?






6 comments:

  1. OMG I can't wait to read Onyx too :p I have already pre-ordered a copy! I already miss Daemon since I've read Obsidian ^^. Onyx is also in my top ten tuesday.
    And you should totally read her other series :). Half Blood is good and the second one Pure is even better. I can't wait to read Deity now.
    I hope you'll enjoy reading these books !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she's become a new favorite of mine!

      Delete
  2. Hex Hall is also on my list and for similar reasons. I also loved the Percy Jackson series and I've recently started reading the first book of The Heroes of Olympus series and so far it's really good but I wouldn't exactly call the book short since it 553 pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call them short just because of their reading level lol. I seem to blow through them faster than other novels.

      Delete
  3. I thought the list was hard this week too. It was hard to choose just 10 from my mile-long wishlist. So many books, so little time. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow and Bone is one I plan on reading too. Hope you get to all your summer reads and enjoy them all :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete