Top Ten Tuesday #6


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics.
This week's topic: Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me Of Myself Or Someone I Know In Real Life.

1. Katy from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I feel like Katy's a given. She's a book nerd like all of us! Her blog isn't her life, but it is most definitely important to her. She practically aches inside when her laptop breaks and she is unable to post her weekly Waiting on Wednesday post. Anyone who is reading this is like her. We're all wonderful book nerds that geek out over new releases and a great majority of us wish that we had a hot alien named Daemon living right next door.

2. Kat Bishop from The Heist Society by Ally Carter - Kat is very clever and she is the leader of her band of teenager thieves. I feel like I relate to her because of her leadership qualities and determination to finish everything she starts. I can't help but see a bit of myself in her.

3. Puck Connolly from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - I feel like everyone has a little bit of Puck in them because she was such a diverse character. I feel like I possess her stubbornness. Once I set my mind to something, I follow through with it, even if it's an insane idea that could put me in a lot of trouble. I won't let the opinions of other sway me. I stick to my guns. Isn't that what Puck's entire story is about?

4. Melanie Stryder from The Host by Stephenie Meyer - I feel like I possess Melanie's determination. She is determined to survive and I am determined to achieve my goals. She doesn't go down without a fight and doesn't make things easy for those who are against her (like Wanda in the beginning.) She's smart and thinks things through before acting out, but will never hesitate to do what she believes is right.

5. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore - I know this is a weird choice. By no means do I connect to her ability to kill people with her eyes clothes, but I feel like I see myself in her when she struggles to find her true self. She defies everyone around her to do what she believes is right, not what they believe is right. She follows her own heart and does everything she is capable of doing that will help those around her. In this case, she risked her life to save Bitterblue. While I may not go around risking my life like she does, I want to do everything in my power to benefit those around me.

6. Nora Grey from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - Aside from her angel bloodline and arguing with Patch, Nora is a writer for her schools eZine and a sleuth in training. Like her, I take writing for my school newspaper very seriously and it's something that I love. I put a heavy emphasis on my academic achievements as well. While I may not be choosing between Yale and Harvard like her, I do know that I earned my ticket to some well respected universities. And like her, I can't help but to uncover some mysterious around my school if there's something I'm curious about.

7. Alina Starkov from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - This may sound off, but I see my naivety in Alina. Like her, I want to believe everything that everyone tells me, but when I step back and think about things I may discover how easily I was led into lies. While I do try to avoid this, there are still many things in the world that I'm naive, too. And there's no way to mature but to admit that you don't really know everything.

8. Kylie Galen from The Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter - I see Kylie's goofiness in me. She truly is just one big cheeseball that somehow managed to have two insanely hot guys war over her. But she's a dork and I am most definitely a dork as well.

9. Kait Swanney from The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle - I see my love in Kait. Once she found Eamon, she'd do anything for him. She didn't allow others to sway her opinions on him and instead focused entirely on him. When there's someone out there that's truly worth my heart, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the same way. They become very important to me, thus a large part of my life and my heart.

10. Terra Cooper from North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headly - Terra is a beautiful girl that struggles to fit in because of a huge birthmark on her face. She doesn't feel like she can be herself and often second guesses herself because of this. My old neighbor was the exact same way as Terra. She was very beautiful, despite a huge birthmark on her forehead, but she was constantly scared of people staring at it and worried about how they would judge her because of it. Like Terra, she eventually learned to accept herself the way she was--birthmark and all. They're both beautiful. (This is the only choice I did that reminds me of someone else and not myself.)

3 comments:

  1. GREAT list Lili! I love all the characters you chose - especially Katsa, Alina, Melanie and Kat!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list and I think it's cool that you relate to Kat because she's one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your list! Kat's actually on my list, too! And I think everyone has a bit of Terra in them, birthmark or not.

    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete