Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics.
In no particular order...

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I truly felt as if I was transported back in time while I read this historical fiction book.

2. Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock - I could totally feel the air of creepiness and mystery while I read. I had goose bumps for the entire read.

3. Eon Series by Alison Goodman - This book's world-building left me speechless. It takes place in Asia under an Empire that puts a heavy emphasis on dragons. It was... absolutely amazing!
 
4. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - I could picture Ravka perfectly in my mind. While I loved this book so much, I never want Ravka to become a real place.

5. Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - The lore made this series come alive. While the first link leads to the review for the first book, you can see the review for the second book in the series here.

6. Partials by Dan Wells - This sci-fi adventure takes place in a world where most of the population is completely wiped out. Living so near to New York and sort of near Long Island, I found it incredibly eerie because I could see the supposed destruction of the world so vividly.

7. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I think this is a given. We all know the easiest place to lose ourselves in is the Harry Potter Series.

8. Percy Jackson and The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan - I feel like this is another given. I grew up spending entire summers fully immersed in these books because I could so see myself there.

Books that continue the list, but I refuse to reveal anything about because the reviews aren't up yet and you have to see their awesomeness purely for yourself.

9. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

10. Defiance by C.J. Redwine

1 comment:

  1. So true, thanks for sharing these! I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on! Btw, I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! I don't know if you do awards but if you want to accept and pass it on the instructions are on my blog: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
    :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete