Top Ten Tuesday #7

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous The Broke and The Bookish.
Each week we highlight a new top ten list on a variety of topics.
This week's topic: Top Ten Books For People Who Like X Author.

Yeah... that X is going to be The Amazing Ally Carter! She has brought us the amazing  Heist Society series and The Gallagher Girls series.

I chose Ally Carter because she has such a great way of writing. It's entertaining and makes you laugh. I like books that can you make you laugh. Thus, I figured I should recommend some books that'll make you giggle as you read! So, here's a list of books that have some goofy female leads (and one male one)!

1-3. Hex Hall, Demonglass, Spell Bound - Sophie Mercer has a snarky remark to throw back in almost anyone's face. She'll keep you laughing even when her entire existence is threatened.

4-7. Born at Midnight, Awake at Dawn, Taken at Dusk, Whispers at Moonrise - Kylie Galen makes you crack up while she's battling to save her life. I never knew that was possible until I picked up this series and immediately fell in love with it.

8. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Until things have to get serious at the very end, Jessica is an insanely lovable character that makes you laugh uncontrollably for the first 3/4 of the book!

9. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Junior is an Indian that leaves his reservation to go to school with a bunch of white kids. His journey, his sometimes immature thoughts, and his totally awesome cartoons make this book a must read, despite its controversy evolving around the racism that Junior experiences as a child.

~*~

I know, you're probably sitting there thinking that you got ripped off because I only gave you 9 choices instead of 10. I am so sorry for that, but I can't think of another series off the top of my head that can rival these in hilarity! Can you?
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your list and I really want to read Hex Hall series now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humor can be quite tricky and difficult to write. It's nice to see a list devoted to humor.

    ReplyDelete