Weekly Wrap-Up!

So, this has been a really awesome week for me book-wise. I'm lucky enough to have 3 libraries within a 5 minute drive for me. One of them is a two minute drive and I actually volunteer there two or three times a week. It seems that this week, all of the libraries decided to contact me because it was my turn to pick up books that I put my name on the waiting list for. As you all know now, I am also reviewing at Tynga's Reviews, meaning that I will be participating in the paranormal summer camp event that will take up the entire month of August. I advise you to click the link above and check it out. It'll be an awesome month and I know that because I finally began to receive the books that I will be reviewing for the event! While I am still expecting a few more, it's good to get started!

So, without further ado, I want to show you the awesome haul I got this week! All library books will be featured on my own blog. The books for review will be featured on Tynga's Reviews, as well as the one adult novel thrown into the mix. Unfortunately, I could not make an STS vlog this week because I will be spending Friday and Saturday on the road checking out a college that I am interested in.

~*~Books I Got This Week~*~

From The Library:



The Duff by Kody Keplinger (I jumped ahead and already posted my review for this.)
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman

Regarding my last library pick, I wanted to read something different with a male protagonist. I feel as if it is rare to come across a male protagonist (and a male writer) in young adult literature, so I'm dying to read this book and see what I think of it.

Won:

 
Partials by Dan Wells

I won this book during the Clean Your Shelf Giveaway from Jessica at Step Into Fiction. Thank you, Jessica! 

Bought:


First Grave on the Right  by Darynda Jones (an adult novel)
 Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

For Review: 

 
Defiance by C.J. Redwine 
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys review will be up September 12th on Tynga's Reviews because it is not part of the PSC event like all other choices are.

The Forsaken is the only physical copy of a book that I have received for review and I am currently guarding it with my life because it is just so amazing in every way.

~*~Reviews I Posted This Week~*~

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Spellbound by Rachel Hawkins
The Duff by Kody Keplinger

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is a must read, in my opinion. While it'll make you double over laughing, you also learn a lot about racism against the Spoken Indians. It's realistic young adult fiction, but I think it is a read that anyone can enjoy.

So, what did everyone else get this week? Link me up!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! So many books. I also got Something Strange & Deadly and Defiance for review. I have been wanting to read the Obsidian Blade for a while. I LOVE books where the main character is a boy & we see things through his POV. AH! You got the Raven Boys, so jealous! >.<

    Happy Readings!
    Lisseth, My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished Something Strange and Deadly and I'm a little over 30% through Defiance. It's really good so far. And I can't wait to start The Raven Boys!

      I love male POV's too!

      Delete