Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases and it is hosted by the fabulous Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...
Crewel by Gennifer Albin



Date of Publication: October 16, 2012

Series: Crewel World #1
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Number of Pages: 368

~*~Summary~*~
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back.
~*~Why I'm Waiting~*~ 
Everywhere I see this book, people are gushing. It not only looks beyond interesting, but it looks like it puts an immense focus on creative detail, which is something I absolutely love! I can't wait for this book to come out. It seems promising and the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

5 comments:

  1. I AM DYING TO READ THIS ONE!! It sounds amazing! :D Great pick and thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover! I'm going to check it out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this one around several times as well, and usually when that many people are saying it is great, it usually it. Great pick! Here's my WoW: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/waiting-on-wednesday-11/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really fast paced and exciting and also unique, definitely one that I can't wait to read :)

    new follower :D

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete