6 Month Blogoversary!!!

Happy 6 month blogoversary to me!!! *throws fake confetti*

Really guys, I'm shocked I've made it this far. I never knew I would be here when I wrote my very first review months ago and, in all honesty, I know I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my amazing readers. So, thank you. Thank you for helping me easily become a member of this amazing world. Because of you guys I have found my niche, and I plan on sticking around for a while.

Over the past six months, I have done many things that I never thought were possible. I created a blog and managed to run it while being part of 2 others, I've hosted insane giveaways, I've made friends that I never want to lose, and even talked to authors--something I never thought I'd be exposed to doing. I've even begun to make my mark on the world with a charity event. It's things like these that I want to take a moment to talk about to thank you once more.

My Blog
Lili's Reflections has given me a place in such an amazing community. I love it dearly. There's not much to say about my blog besides the fact that it truly means a lot to me, and I hope that shows through with each review I'm able to post.

Tynga's Reviews
I have been posting reviews every Wednesday on Tynga's Reviews for several months. Tynga and the team welcomed me very sweetly despite the fact that they were looking for a blogger that was over 18 and I am just 17. I've found some really amazing friends in Tynga, Jenn, and Stephanie, and I highly recommend heading on over there to check them out and chat with them on twitter. They're amazing girls worth meeting and have really helped me strengthen my review writing.

ARCycling  
I also help run ARCycling every Sunday. ARCycling is a program to recycle ARCs and finished copies to other bloggers and I love it to death. Originally, I was just a requester when it began and what started as a joke between myself and the creator quickly escalated into me being her co-ARCyer. Jennifer is now among my best book blogging friends. I don't know how I could love without this girl. She deals with me texting her random things about my life (like my first college acceptance) and advises me the way an older sister would. She's someone worth sticking with.

Also, Jennifer and I are having a 100 book extravaganza to celebrate my blogoversary and to spread ARCycling awareness. Go on over to the launch post while you still have a chance! The contests close at midnight at the end of the month!

Statistics
Statistics normally upset me because I'm not in a race to win. I'm simply doing something I love and loving every minute of it. But the accomplishments I have had thus far are beyond words for me because I never thought I would make it this far.
  • I have posted 101  review: 80 on my blog, 20 on Tynga's, and one guest review! Is that not insane? My output has severely slowed down since the summer, but I am proud of this!
  • I have 403 GFC followers
  • I average anywhere from 6500 - 9000 page views a month.
These are stats that I'm very proud of. I love each and every one of my followers and I'm still shocked that so many of you have stuck with me this far!

Friends
I have made a select few inseparable friends in the last few months.
  • Nicole at Paperback Princess. This girl lives just 10 minutes away from me and is officially my bookish big sister. She has helped me so much and I love her to death.
  • Kristan at Lost Amongst The Shelves. This girl is amazingly intelligent and all around fun. I get to see her at least once a month and it's always so amazing! <3
  • Krista and Becca at Nawanda Files. These two make up the coolest set of twins you will ever meet. They are amazing writers and are going to be published one day, I swear on it. I love trading with them and reading their reviews. They're the sweetest people ever! 
  • And I can't even begin to describe Jennifer. She is the first blogging friend I ever made, even if she claims that Percy Jackson is hers when he's really mine.
I'm hoping that in the following six months leading up to my blogoversary, I can meet more people like them! <3

Authors
Because of book blogging, I've been able to connect and befriend authors--something I never thought imaginable. Two authors really stand out to me and they're the type of people that I do think I can call friends.
  • Gina Rosati author of Auracle - I came home randomly one day to a wonderful e-mail from Gina about my review and my charity program. Weeks later, it's safe to say that it's routine for me to shoot her an e-mail or two every couple of days. She's helped me with my charity program, my thought processes regarding college, and plenty of other things. Needless to say, she and I are having lunch one day in Massachusetts. It's going to happen!
  • Sarah Fine author of Sanctum - Sarah is among the sweetest authors I have ever met. It's hard to say what really began our communications, but she has written one of my all-time favorite books and is, without a doubt, one of my all-time favorite people. I genuinely love it when one of her e-mails is in my inbox.
Blogging has also introduced me to some amazing authors that I would not have discovered otherwise such as: Gina Damico, Brigid Kemmerer, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Tammara Webber, Katie McGarry, Stephanie Perkins, Tahereh Mafi, Tamara Ireland Stone, and so many more.

I also want to give a shout out to Justine Dell, Fiona Paul, Elizabeth Norris, and Tiffany Schmidt. These ladies are so sweet and have helped out my charity program immensely. While all donations are shared in the update posts, I really want to extend a huge thank you to them once again.

Favorite People
These people may not have been mentioned above, but they're some of my favorite people out there!
To put it simply, I love it when I come home to comments from any of you and am constantly stalking your blogs. You all are amazing. And there's so many more people that should be on this list, too, but then it would be never-ending!

Books Change Lives Charity Event

In all honesty, this is the accomplishment that I am most proud of. As an avid reader, reading is important to me, so I have launched a project to get books to impoverished children entitled Books Change Lives because they can't share in something that I value so greatly. It's been a major success thus far and I'm silently hoping to break 1000 book donations one day. I update the launch page linked above frequently and post updates on individual donators every 2 - 3 weeks. If you would like to donate, please e-mail me at reflectionsbylili@gmail.com. It would be greatly appreciated and all books would be going to an amazing cause

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As you can see, I've been pretty busy these past six months. But it's been an amazing six months and I would do nothing to change it. I love what I've been doing, and I plan on continuing to do it for a while.

Thank you <3



34 comments:

  1. Congrats I love your blog ! So glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversery! You're the sweetest ever, Lili!! Keep on reviewing :D And I love your blog bunches! *throwing extra fake confetti*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca <3 *throws fake confetti with you* thank you!

      Delete
  3. Happy blogoversary, and congrats!! You've done SO much in 6 months...keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary, Lili! Thanks for all the sweet words :D Seriously though, you are one of my fav bloggy friends!! Here's to another great year of books and blogging *clinks glasses* I also love your charity. I will have donate in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *clinks glass* Thank you! It's open for a while, so you have time! <3

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That's very impressive after 6 months you should definitely be proud of yourself! :) Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: I am very proud of my blog. haha

      Delete
  6. Very impressive! Happy 6 months :) I hope the rest of the year bring you just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Semi new follower and I love your blog. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is me. http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

    Jennifer out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JENNIFER <3 This made me smile so big. haha

      Delete
  9. Congrats! And I look forward to continuing to read your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw thanks so much for the mention :)
    Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem~ You deserve it! thank you Jen!

      Delete
  11. Congrats!!!! Happy Blogoversary!!!!!!!!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS LILI! *blogger hugs* We love you!
    XOXOX, Inky

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! Has it really been 6 months?! It doesn't seem like it! Thanks for the shout out and keep up the amazing work girl! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It seems like only yesterday that you had to teach me how to use the GFC button! lmao <3 HUGS!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations Lili! It was so sweet of you to mention me :) I love all your reviews and posts. Also, blogging also caused me to discover Jennifer Armentrout. I love her books, I'm so excited for your Deity review. I hope you get it in the mail soon :) Happy 6 Months!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love you Montana <3 thank you!

      Delete
  15. Aww! This is seriously the sweetest thing ever! Happy blogoversary for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I hope it was sweet. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  16. Happy, happy blogoversary to you! How exciting and fun! Your blog is amazing and wonderful - love stopping by!
    And a double-awww, thank you so much for the mention! You are so very sweet!
    Here's to many more years, reviews and books :) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete