Waiting on Wednesday #23

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that spotlights upcoming releases and it is hosted by the fabulous Breaking the Spine.

My pick of the week is...

A Darkness Strange and Lovely  by Susan Dennard

Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.
Something Strange and Deadly is my favorite zombie book ever. I normally hate zombie books, so I'm really anticipating this sequel! Plus, Daniel and Elanor in Paris?! Sign me up!

11 comments:

  1. I love the cover on this one! The other cover was beautiful, but I'm thinking I like this one a tad bit better. I haven't read Something Strange and Deadly, but I hear it's pretty good :) Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cover and a great pick :) I have yet to read this series

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a great cover! Plus the books sounds really good. Great pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the cover just gorgeous! I really liked SSAD up until the end--wasn't a huge fan of the ending. But, hopefully, I will be able to get past it to see what happens next!


    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I APPROVE. I enjoyed SSAD but I'm looking forward to reading this one! I looks great and the cover....*jaw drop* Just YES.
    Stop by MY WOW?
    XOXOXO, Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't the hugest fan of Something Strange and Deadly but I have to admit this is one of the most gorgeous covers ever.
    My Wow Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't started this series, but I will soon! The cover is really pretty.. and well.. I'm easily bought by covers..

    Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to say thank you for signing up for the 2013 Standalone Reading Challenge! Best of luck :)

    I haven't read the first one yet, but I've been meaning to. This cover is absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to read the first one. I know shame on me. Great WOW pick. The covers for this series are very pretty.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books are about zombies....? I HAD NO IDEA. It's not like I'm obsessed with zombies or anything, it's just that they can be really interesting. I still need to read the first one, but I think I'll be more inclined to now that I know they're about zombies.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea these books invovled zombies...then again I haven't really looked into them all that much. It certainly looks like an interesting series so I'll have to give the first one a try when I can.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete