2012 Recommended Reads!

Hey, everyone! I can't believe it's the last day of 2012! HAPPY NEW YEAR! With that being said, I really wanted to share my favorite books of the year with you as recommendations, so that you can hopefully get them and I can recap a year that did nothing but satisfy me reading wise. Most are from 2012, some from last year, and very few from 2013. Here's to ending an amazing year of reading, only to start a new and better one!

CONTEMPORARY

  • Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally - 4.5 stars
  • Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry - 5 stars
  • Easy by Tammara Webber - 5 stars
  • Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - 5 stars
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - 5 stars  
FANTASY/PARANORMAL

  •  Sanctum by Sarah Fine - 5 stars
  • The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke - 5 stars
  • Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst - 5 stars
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - 5 stars
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - 5 stars
  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman - 4 stars
  • Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - 5 stars
  •  Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes/Michelle Rowen - 4.5 stars
  • Dark Star by Bethany Frenette - 4.5 stars
  • Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass - 4.5 stars
  • Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins - 5 stars
RE-TELLINGS

  • The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors - 5 stars
  • Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen - 5 stars
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer - 5 stars
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - 5 stars
DARK NOVELS

  • Angelfall by Susan Ee - 5 stars
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - 5 stars
SCI-FI/DYSTOPIA

  •  Altered by Jennifer Rush - 5 stars
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth - 5 stars
  • Crewel by Gennifer Albin - 4 stars
  • Insignia by S.J. Kincaid - 5 stars
  • False Memory by Dan Krokos - 4 stars
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - 5 stars
  • Legend by Marie Lu - 5 stars
HISTORICAL FICTION

  • Venom by Fiona Paul - 5 stars
  • Something Strange and Deadly - 4 stars
  • Incarnation by Emma Cornwall - 4 stars
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris - 4.5 stars 
SERIES 
  • Croak Series by Gina Damico - 4 star series
  • Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 star series
  • Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer - 4.5-5 star series
  • Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 5 star series
MIDDLE GRADE
  • The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver - 4 stars
  • The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen - 5 stars
ADULT
  • First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones - 4 stars
All novels have reviews in my archive if anyone is interested, aside from CINDER, SCARLET, THE FALSE PRINCE, and LEGEND that are being posted in 2013.
 
What recommendations do YOU have for me?

7 comments:

  1. i loved Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
    Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
    Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
    Something Strange and Deadly

    and i can't wait for others in this list for 2013

    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time on your blog...such a cute title and header.

    I enjoyed reading your list. I really have to get to Shadow and Bone. Everyone is raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome list! Pushing the Limits and Easy were my two most favorite books this year! Looking at your list I have a lot of amazing books still waiting on me! I'll start with Legend! I bought it a few weeks ago! I haven't started it yet because I hope I love it just as much and I want to include it in my 2013 favorites list! (haha, I know, so childish!)

    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I really want to read Love at First Sight, Easy, Pushing the Limits, Venom, and Divergent. But Shatter Me and Daughter of Smoke and Bone were awesome, I agree! :)

    ~Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved a bunch of those up there! Especially Insignia... A couple others that I really loved are:
    the Delirium series, Legacy Of Tril:Soulbound was amazing, Reached and Clockwork Prince. And Shatter Me, which I think you had up there. Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful list of books so many of them are on my TBR list <3 cannot wait to read Cinder, Incarnate and venom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! My TBR has exploded since I stared reading these end of year posts! Adding Falling Kingdoms and Divergent (how have I not read that yet??!!) to my list!

    ReplyDelete