Top Ten Books I Regret Not Reading In 2012

Happy New Year, Everyone!


So, I kept seeing this around at the end of 2012 and decided to make this my TTT topic for today! Except I'm going with 13 books for 2013, plus two for good luck with the near year! Let's say my resolution is to somehow make me way through all of these this year unless my first ever year of college somehow gets in the way of things. Without further ado, in no particular order...

1. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I have copies of the first two books in this trilogy and I want to read them so badly! Everyone seems to love them and I feel like I'm the only girl in the universe who has yet to have gotten to them yet!

2. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
I love the Graceling Realm so much that I got this book the day it came out. But I'm so scared to start it because I don't want the Graceling stories to end! :(

3. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
It has fairies and magic and the cover is gorgeous and hte blurb is fascinating and I want to read it so damn badly! I'm kicking myself for never getting to it or even getting my hands on my own copy just yet!

4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
I've had my eyes on this one for a while, but I just never got around to buying it. I simply must though, especially when I watch Katie from Katie's Book Blog devour them on goodreads! A definite TBR high fantasy for me <3

5. Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Everyone I know loves this one and I need it now, okay? No other ways to describe it besides the fact that it looks AWESOME and I want it! haha

6. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
I own a copy of this, never got around to it, but I will! I will read it soon! This one I can swear to you because I want to read it so badly. That is a promise! High fantasy will forever and always be my favorite.

7. The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
This book just seems hot, okay? I have to read it. I love me some hot contemporaries. At the very top of my wishlist!

8. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
I just discovered this series this year, but I want to read it so badly. I love re-tellings! Gah! <3 It looks absolutely amazing and I simply MUST read it!

9. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I own all three books in this series, but I put them off after reading Barnes' NOBODY because I really disliked that book. However, a lot of people enjoyed this werewolf series, so I really want to give it a chance this year!

10. Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
 I own this entire series as well. Russian lore fascinates me, especially since I spent most of my childhood with a best friend who moved from Russian when she was two. I HAVE TO get on this one!

11. Crash by Nicole Williams
I love the new adult genre, but haven't read many books in it. However, people seem to be going nuts for this one, so it's been at the top of my wishlist for a while. Really want a copy for myself!

12. Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter
Three of the first books I ever reviewed on my blog were the first three books in Hunter's SHADOW FALLS series. With the cliffhanger that book three left off on, I'm surprised I have yet to pick up book four. Add this to the "must read immediately list for 2013."

13. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Percy Jackson is among the books that got me reading, so I obviously love Riordan. I've been hesitant to start his new series with the fear that I won't love it as much as his debut series, but I promise I'll start it soon. If not for me, but for Jennifer's love of PERCEBETH. 

14. Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have a copy of this sitting in my room, but I keep pushing back reading it. I don't know why. JLA is among my favorite new YA authors. I have to chance this.

15. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
If you ask me who my favorite young adult author of all time is, I would not hesitate to say Cassandra Clare. But for some reason, the fourth and fifth books in my favorite series ever keep getting pushed back. I'm thinking it's because I adored the first three so much that I'm scared to read more of the series with the fear that I won't love them as much, but I promise to read them this year.

What is everyone elses new years resolutions?

10 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I'm not entirely sure BITTERBLUE is the end of the Graceling series. I mean, it could be, but it's rather open-ended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitterblue! I need to read that one too. I even read Graceling and Fire right before it was released and still never got to it. lol I hope you like COFA! It is hard when everything seems just fine at the end of a book and you find out 3 more are coming. Hopefully they won't disappoint you.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read most of these, either. Treachery was great!

    http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitterblue is on my list too! And you should totallyr ead Crash. I LOOOOVED it!! Also I've read two of the Rick Riordan spinoff series and I really, really like them! I still have to read The Mark of Athena though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crash is awesome, I loved it! :) The Treachery of Beautiful Things was also really good. You're not the only one who hasn't read Nightshade, I also own the first two books and still have to read them ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. Now I feel like I accomplished so little in 2012.
    I also have The Treachery of Beautiful Things, The Vincent Boys, Whisper at Moonrise, Cursed and City of Fallen Angels on my TBR. The only one I read from your list is Dreaming Anastasia, which was really good. I definitely recommend finding the time for these books.
    I guess I better get on it. The TBR piles not going to read itself and I have to make room for the new shiny books of 2013.
    Enjoy and good luck!
    Tammy @ http://bosbooknook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    Bitterblue made it on to my list as well, LOVED Graceling! I still need to read books 4 & 5 of The Mortal Instruments as well. Good luck with your list :)

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-i-totally-resolve-these.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I just bought Crash the other day and I still need THE VINCENT BOYS! ah

      Delete
  9. Why, I do believe there are a couple of books on this list that you may just find yourself reading this year because of REASONS... *waggles eyebrows mysteriously*

    ReplyDelete