Waiting on Wednesday #30



The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen


A kingdom teetering on the brink of destruction. A king gone missing. Who will survive? Find out in the highly anticipated sequel to Jennifer A. Nielsen's blockbuster THE FALSE PRINCE!

Just weeks after Jaron has taken the throne, an assassination attempt forces him into a deadly situation. Rumors of a coming war are winding their way between the castle walls, and Jaron feels the pressure quietly mounting within Carthya. Soon, it becomes clear that deserting the kingdom may be his only hope of saving it. But the further Jaron is forced to run from his identity, the more he wonders if it is possible to go too far. Will he ever be able to return home again? Or will he have to sacrifice his own life in order to save his kingdom?

The stunning second installment of The Ascendance Trilogy takes readers on a roller-coaster ride of treason and murder, thrills and peril, as they journey with the Runaway King!

Though my review is scheduled for later in the year, THE FALSE PRINCE is my favorite middle-grade ever. Thus, I can't wait for this one! Has anyone else read the first book in this trilogy? What did you think?


3 comments:

  1. :O I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel - though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But I AM!! I just recently got my hands on The False Prince (which I've been dying to read since it came out) so I doubt it'll be too long till I dive in. Then I'll be waiting for this one right along with you :D

    Thanks for sharing this one!! GREAT choice!
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, yet. I'll have to check out The False Prince and see what I think.

    Jennifer
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! The False Prince was one of my favorite reads last year as well. It was just so perfect! I was sort of surprised to find out there was a sequel because it ended on such a great note, but I'm sure The Runaway King will be outstanding as well.

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete