Stacking The Shelves #22: The Birthday Edition!


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews.

This week was beyond awesome! I got some amazing surprises for my birthday and just some awesome books that showed up in the mail this week. I can't express my gratitude enough to anyone. Thank you for making this an amazing 18th birthday full of awesome surprises!

The one thing I asked my parents for was a birthday cake. I didn't want a celebration, I wanted a classic Carvel cake because I haven't had a birthday cake since I was 11. Well, my parents delivered and Eileen demanded a picture!



Only to have my cat eat it...


But check out the amazingness that ensued when I opened presents!

Gifted For My Birthday...

Thank you Kirsten Miller for...
*signed* hardcover of How To Lead A Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller
Already read and reviewed it...4.5 stars

Thank you Inky for...
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (and the amazing hijack post yesterday)
Already read and reviewed it...4 stars


Thank you Amy for...
*signed* hardcover of Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi with the Best. Personalization. Ever.
Already read and reviewed it...5 stars


Thank you to the amazing Jennifer for...
an ARC of The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
an ARC of Infatuate by Aimee Agresti
an ARC of Death, Doom, and Detention by Darynda Jones
an ARC of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
an ARC of The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger buttons


Thank you to Gillian for...
a pre-order of The Collector by Victoria Scott
a pre-order of The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett


Thank you to my Tanta, the best aunt in the world, for...
Die For Me by Amy Plum
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
Prodigy by Marie Lu (read and reviewed...5 stars)
a pre-order of Poison by Bridget Zinn (read and reviewed...5 stars)
 Parasol Protectorate Series Box Set by Gail Carriger
Includes Soulless, Changeless, Blameless, Heartless, and Timeless


Thank you to my Mom and Dad for...
Asunder by Jodi Meadow
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (read and reviewed...5 stars)
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
a pre-order of Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
 
Other Books That Just Came In This Week...

Trade
Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike (Thank you, Eileen!)  



Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta (Thank you, Jennifer!)
Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer (Thank you, Jennifer! A book that takes place in Italy!)
What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton (Thank you, Jennifer!)
Erasing Time by C.J. Jill (Thank you, Jennifer!)
Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay (Thank you, Jennifer! Rome and Juliet retelling!)
Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown (Thank you, Jennifer!)
The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen (Thank you, Jennifer! Looks cute!)
Through to You by Emily Hainsworth (Thank you, Jennifer!)    


Gifted
 The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis (Thank you, Jennifer!)
Jennifer is one of the harshest critics I know, and this one made her cry. She told me I had to read it and gave me her spare copy to ensure I do so. I'm really excited to form my own opinions on it!


For Review
an ARC of Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (Thank you, ARCycling)  
an eARC of Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington (Blog tour for Tynga's Reviews)
an eARC of Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (Thank you Netgalley!)  
an ARC of Emilie and the Hollow World by Martha Wells (Thank you Strange Chemistry! Love steampunk!)


Unknown Origins
an ARC of Arclight by Josin L. McQuein
So, this showed up at my house out of nowhere. Never requested it. The return address was smudged so I don't know if this was a surprise gift or a review book or a mistake, but whatever it is, thank you! This book is AWESOME! I LOVED it!

Library
Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
I loved the first book in this series, so now I want to finish it! <3   



What did everyone else add to their shelves this week? I know that I will never need any new books again!

25 comments:

  1. I just finished Soulless and it was amazing, so I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Such a pretty box <3 I want one too! Strands of bronze and gold *sqeeeee* I NEED IT.
    I also can't wait to read The 5th wave and Poison. Amazing haul!

    Happy reading :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! I'm not much of an adult reader, but I loved E&E so much I wanted the Parasol Protectorate and the box set was really cheap!

      POISON is amazing! I highly recommend checking it out!

      Delete
  2. SO much awesomeness above! I've been wanting to read some Gail Corriger, especially looking forward to Etiquette & Espionage.

    Hope you enjoy all your books and happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. You'll love it! And thank you <3

      Delete
  3. So many great gifts and books to receive! Carvel ice cream cakes are the best! That is my cake of choice each year. I hope you had a great day! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday again! I can't believe you haven't had a cake since you were 11! That's a birthday-must :) You really have SO many amazing books it's hard to comment on them all. I'm most interested to see how you'll like Erasing Time. I think the cover is gorgeous and I've been so close to picking it up in a bookstore, but I haven't heard much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! I don't know why they stopped! I haven't heard much about it either, but I'm looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your books! I loved the Soulless series....hope you like it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked E&E so I'm hoping I enjoy it as well!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday and what a lot of books! You totally scored this year! Lucky you!

    My STS: http://thewhiteunicornfiction.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-episode-three.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa -- that's going to keep you busy for a while.
    Happy Birthday !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday :) That sound like the most amazing gifts and birthday ever! Still can't get over the whole personalized birthday style Unravel Me. Drawing, writing...She is way too talented...not that I mind :P I got E&E last week? I had a couple books I had to read before it so hopefully this week I'll get to start it. Outside In is amazing! Hope you enjoy it and all the others :D Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Crap. I'm drooling here Lili!!!! I never have amazing birthday book hauls, but you totally deserve it! And for the record, you're SOOOOO welcome for E&E and the hijack! YOU'RE SO AMAZING!!!! *hugs* Meep! ARCLIGHT!!! ARCADIA!!!! SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL! PARASOLE!!!! MEeep! Enjoy them ALL and have a happy 18th year!!! :D

    XOXO, Inky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you have amazing book taste, Inky! ;)

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  10. WOW!!! SO MUCH AWESOME :D Literally this is an amazing haul! Arclight looks super great and the Parasol series box set looks very, very pretty. I hope you had an amazing Birthday!!! Can't wait to read all your great reviews. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you love the book, darling. It is the very least I could do with all of the awesome you do for me. You are a fantastic person and you deserve the moon!

    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Through To You was an amazing book! I loved it :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard many opinions on it, so I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  13. Kitty! Sorry. Anyways, I was just scrolling through your haul. And scrolling. And scrolling. And going: "Wait, what am I looking at again?" I mean, so many books! You must be a pretty crazy fast reader! But that haul is just beautiful so I hope your enjoyed and were on cloud nine during your birthday! Happy very belated birthday!

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete