Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

In no particular order...

1. Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier
I picked up the first two books in this trilogy at The Strand a few months back. I desperately want to read them, especially because I'm craving a good time travel book, but they keep getting pushed back to accommodate other books that have to be reviewed by a specific date.

2. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Egmont sent me this entire series, so I'm lucky enough to have all three books. I was really looking forward to them upon their arrival. However, I read NOBODY by Jennifer Lynn Barnes which really turned me off from her writing style, so I'm having trouble convincing myself to give her another chance. I want to get to these books, though!

3. Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
I have all three books on my shelves because of the Russian lore imbedded into this story. Growing up, one of my best friends moved from Russia when she was just two years old. She constantly made fun of how I tried to pronounce Russian words and got me addicted to Russian foods. I love the culture and I want to immerse myself in the lore.

4. Healer by Maria V. Snyder
I very much enjoyed the STUDY series as well as the INSIDERS series by Maria V. Snyder. She's quickly becoming a favorite author of mine, thus I really want to give this series a chance because so many people keep saying her amazing writing shines through once again. Her creativity is endless and amazing. I'm also really curious about her GLASS series because of this.

5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I have a confession. I never finished the Vampire Academy series. I know, insane! But everyone says this continuation is amazing. So I really want to kick my butt into gear to finish Vampire Academy so I can see what all of the hype surrounding Bloodlines is about.

6. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I own only the first book in this series. People are constantly telling me it is absolutely amazing while a select few people I know had trouble with it. Either way, the book is on my shelf thus I want to give it a chance.

7. Castle Glower by Jessica Day George
I love Jessica Day George and her princess re-tellings. I was able to trade for an ARC of the first book in her middle-grade Castle Glower series. It looks absolutely adorable, so I can't wait to actually sink my teeth into it. I know it'll be an adorable, quick read just like all of George's amazing retellings are.

8. Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
As a high fantasy lover, I am kicking myself because I have yet to read this one. I WILL read it this month though for March Fantasy Month with Gillian. THAT is a promise, and it's a book I am heavily looking forward to finally delving into.

9. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Next to THE HUNGER GAMES, Westerfeld's UGLIES series is the series that got me reading. It will forever be one of my favorites, which is why I can't wait to read his LEVIATHAN series. Not only do I love steampunk, but I love the amazing worlds he creates for us. I really, really want to read this one soon, but I have to find a way to obtain a copy of book one first.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I'm going to be honest and say that I feel like the only human being on the entire planet that has not read this series. I've read THE SPINDLERS which is one of Oliver's middle-grade's, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a chance one day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know, I know, I'm behind on a lot of amazing series! Don't attack me! I plan on picking them up soon!





What did everyone else do for their lists? Link me up! 

11 comments:

  1. The Raised by Wolves series is great. I'm a fan of werewolf books, especially those that get inside the wolf pack mentality, and Barnes does a fantastic job with that. Definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leviathan made my list as well. And I thought Rae Carson's novels were mostly fantastic--highly recommended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desperately need to start Bloodlines! Healer will be on my to-read once I read and finish Glass. I also want to start Fire and Thorns and Leviathan!

    I have read the first two books of UNDER THE NEVER SKY and enjoyed them both. I absolutely loved DELIRIUM though! I'll be reading the final two soon also. :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delirium was fantastic and Bloodlines was really enjoyable as well. I recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few of the same series in my group. There are just so many good ones out there!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Delirium is amazing! Hope you get to it soon! And Fire and Thorns is so great too! I like the second book better than the first book which is weird so if you don't enjoy the first, know the second is so much better! And I have to read Bloodlines, too...after Vampire Academy...oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delirium series (mainly Pandemonium, although Delirium was good too) is a great one :) I've only just picked up Leviathan and hope to get to it (due on Thursday *bites nails* The Healer series is amazing. Maria v. Synder is a great author and any of her books I would highly recommend. I've read or am reading all but one. Hope YOU are able to get around to reading the series on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for you to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns, mostly because I LOVE the second book in the series, Crown of Embers. GoFaT is still really good, but not AS good. I haven't read Delirium either, though I just started it. I LOOOOOVE the Leviathan series! You should definitely get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started the Vampire Academy series, and then its on to Bloodlines. Hope they are just as good!

    Jennifer
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to start Delirium and Bloodlines too! They've been sitting on my shelf since they first came out, which feels like forever ago :) I adore Under the Never Sky, and hope you like it once you finally get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. UNDER THE NEVER SKY!! SOOO GOOD!! It took me a couple chapter to get into but then I was hooked. The second book was one of my favorite reads of this year so far. I TOTALLY recommend that series!

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-want-to-start.html

    ReplyDelete