BUONGIORNO ITALIA!!!!

Ciao ragazzi! (Hey guys!)

One thing that you may not know about me is that I love all things Italian. I've taken four years of the language and speak it at an advanced level. I went to Italy when I was 13 as a Student Ambassador and immediately fell in love with the entire country, the culture, the architecture, the preservation and emphasis on history, and of course, the food. I'm part of the Italian National Honor Society and have served a double term presidency for my school's Italian Club. Pasta? Pizza? Vino? Roma? Venezia? Firenze? Sicilia? Sardegna? Amore? I love it all. Italy is truly my favorite place in the world.

And my parents are so amazing that they are letting me go to Italy for 10 days with my Italian class. In my school, you're offered the opportunity to spend your Spring Break in the mother country of your respective language (aside from the Chinese class because it's... CHINA!). So my awesome Italian teacher that is barely 5 feet tall but is full of a billion feet of personality is taking me to Italy. This is my second time there, and I'm hoping it'll be more awesome than the first. IT PROBABLY WILL BE BECAUSE I GET TO SPEND TIME ON A BEACH IN CAPRI! WHAT!

Boys, dance clubs, unlimited wine...did I say cute Italian boys already or the fact that I can legally drink in this country? Anyway, the point of this post is this: I really want to enjoy my time in Italy. I haven't traveled outside of the country in over five years and to be granted the wish to visit my favorite place in the world for the second time is a true blessing. Which means for roughly the next two weeks, my blog will temporarily be on hiatus. Not only do I not have internet, but I don't really want to have internet. I want to enjoy this opportunity for what it is, and maybe bring back a ton of pictures to shove in your faces when I'm done.

So, I arrive home on the 14th. Factor in a few days of jetlag and you'll have me back a little over half way through this month with a ton of reviews since I have a long flight there and six hour layover in Switzerland on the way home, as well as a decent chunk of hours on a bus to get from Point A to Point B and nothing to do but read some awesome books.

I hope everyone has an amazing Spring Break.

Fingers crossed that this will be the trip of a life time. <3

Io parto per l'Italia, il mio posto preferito nel mondo! Questa è la mia grande avventura e il più bel regalo che potessi chiedere. Grazie mamma e papà. 

14 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. LILI THAT IS AMAAAAZING!!!!!!!!! I'm so psyched for you!!! That'll be so cool! I've always wanted to go to Italy! I hope you have so much fun. And you totally need to show me pics when you get back. AND SERIOUSLY. ENJOY THE ITALIAN BOYS. *fans self*

    <3333333 Inky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the best time! I love Italy too! Though I've only been to Cinque Terre and only for like two days. It was amazing anyways! I want to go back someday! I can't wait to see all of your pictures! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an AMAZING time!! This sounds like a fantastic trip. I've only been to Italy for a few days (stopped in Florence, Rome, and Naples as part of a cruise) but I am dying to go back one day. Totally jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italy is at the top of my To Go To list, most probably due to Room With a View. I'll get there eventually. Have a great time! Ciao!

    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH! Have the best time! Italy is such a magical place, and I know you'll just go out of your mind with awesome Italia-phile geekiness. If you go to Venice, you can pretend you're in Venom and kiss some hot Venetian dudes for me! When you get home, a new book will be waiting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo Jealous! We still have snow in Denmark, meh. Have an amazing trip, i have only ever been to Rome, but i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun!!! I took two years of Italian in college, and you're probably way more advanced than me :) It's a great language, and I'm so excited that you're spending 10 DAYS in Italy! That's amazing. Have lots of fun. Take lots of pictures and eat TONS of food. You deserve an awesome vacation :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time! I hope to visit Italy some day too, though I can't speak a word of Italian :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the wine. Happy Break
    new GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete