Top Ten Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This is actually one of my favorite topics ever because some of my favorite books were read before I started blogging. This week is a rewind, so I chose this topic because it went up while I was in Italy.

So, in no particular order...

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This is my favorite book of all time, no questions asked. It spoke to me on so many levels and blew my mind in unexplainable ways. In my mind, this book will always be unparalleled.

2. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
This is one of the series that got me reading. I loved book one with all of my heart and though I don't think books two or three can ever live up to the amazingness that is book one, I will forever love Katniss.

3. First 3 books in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Cassandra Clare is my favorite author, end of discussion. The Mortal Instruments has been my favorite series ever. My heart about plummeted when I learned that this trilogy would turn into 6 books. I loved where book three left off and I feel like another three books would just carry out the story and torture the characters more. However, I do own books four and five so I plan on reading them and hopefully reviewing them to decide if I'll read book six. If the show must go on, I have to be right alongside my favorite characters ever.

4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Never before has a book made me bawl my eyes out so hard because I was both incredibly sad and prepetually happy. This book took me on such a strong roller-coaster of emotions and while I say that many books do that today, they can't compare to the intense feelings that Hosseini made me feel.

5. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Need I say more? It's Harry freaking Potter! I haven't gotten through the entire series, but I plan on doing that eventually. I love the stories and I can never review them because I can never speak about my thoughts on the books in a way that others can actually understand what I'm talking about. haha

6. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
My favorite middle-grade ever, Percy Jackson was my first ever mythological story that gave me my love of mythology retellings today.

7. Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
This series is the first series I've ever read that was meant for older young adults, and even then I read it while I was in middle school. Jessica Darling is a really great story for us older girls, and I recommend it to anyone.

8. Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
You WILL see a review of CLOCKWORK PRINCESS. I am so freaking excited for the release of this book, you have no idea. It's so amazing, but at the same time, I hate for this trilogy to come to an end.

9. Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
This series got me reading in the first place. It's been so long since I've read it that I do plan on going back and re-reading everything and reviewing the books that I once loved so much back in middle school. I hope my thoughts don't change.

10. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My favorite classic, I loved the plot twists that Fitzgerald delivered to us. It's so hard for me to describe my love for this one out loud.

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice list :) I felt the exact same way about CP2. You've been warned, the epilogue is killer tragic and sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I like that it's got a good mix of everything to it!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of these would be my Top Ten too. Except The Book Thief. I've never read it, and it's your number one, so I must read it sometime soon. I bought and read Insignia upon your recommendation and it was...*no words* ... so ... amazing ...

    ReplyDelete