Top Ten Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

So, I decided to do this week's TTT because I don't really know what constitutes a beach read. Crazy, I know. My family isn't really a beach family and the last time I went to the beach I was 8, which is slightly too young to read, you know? So, I believe a beach read is something really light or with an amazing couple. One of the two, if not both. There's no extreme plot dynamics, no supreme complexity or paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi elements, even though they're allowed partially if they don't make you think and strategize. There's nothing to make you cry because it's so intense. It's just simple. It's something you can relax while reading.

So, without further ado, my top ten beach reads with one for good luck! ;)

~*~Books I've Actually Read~*~


Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike
Easy by Tammara Webber
The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

~*~Books I Can't Wait to Read that I Think Will be Awesome Beach Reads~*~


The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith



Losing It by Cora Carmack
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Question: What do YOU constitute as a beach read?

10 comments:

  1. Love these picks! Definitely all great beach reads. I can't wait to read The Truth About Forever either, picked it up at my library last week - just need to find the time :) Great list!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Sarah Dessen on a lot of lists. From what I've seen of her books, they seem like they'd be excellent beach reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put Sarah Dessen on my list too! I really have to read Anna and the French Kiss - it seems like everyone loves it so much! Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna & The French Kiss is amazing! Make sure you pick it up soon! I put it off, but it is seriously so good!!!

      Delete
  4. Anna and the French Kiss is just perfect! I've seen a lot of Sarah Dessen, but I've never read her books! *hides in shame* I'll fix it!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I liked The Statistical Probability, and I really wanna get to read a Stephanie Perkins book :( And I adore Sarah Dessen! Losing It seems pretty interesting, but I have yet to try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah your list is pretty much filled with books that I think I'll love and have been meaning to read for a while! Thanks for the reminder :D

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna is one of my all-time favorites. I really enjoyed Life after Theft, too. This is What Happy and The Truth both made my list--so I'd definitely recommend. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree EASY is perfect beach reading and I also want to get my hands on THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE...hmmm....what else? Oh! I recently discovered ELEANOR AND PARK and yeah that was phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, something light and funny with an adorable couple :) My first thought when I heard the topic was Anna & The French Kiss and some Sarah Dessen books. Great list!

    ReplyDelete