Waiting on Wednesday #33


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

My pick of the week is...

Hero by Alethea Kontis


Rough and tumble Saturday Woodcutter thinks she's the only one of her sisters without any magic—until the day she accidentally conjures an ocean in the backyard. With her sword in tow, Saturday sets sail on a pirate ship, only to find herself kidnapped and whisked off to the top of the world. Is Saturday powerful enough to kill the mountain witch who holds her captive and save the world from sure destruction? And, as she wonders grumpily, "Did romance have to be part of the adventure?" As in Enchanted, readers will revel in the fragments of fairy tales that embellish this action-packed story of adventure and, yes, romance.





~*~Why I'm Waiting~*~

I recently read ENCHANTED, the prequel to Alethea Kontis, and enjoyed it! It's a great little twist on a bunch of different fairytales. I was very curious in that novel about Saturday and her perhaps relationship with Erik the Guard so I got really excited when I found out that this series is continuing!

What is everyone else's picks for the day?






5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this, too! Enchanted was a great book. Amazing pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I LOVE this cover, and I really need to read Enchanted so I can get my hands on this one. I like a good fairytale re-telling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look cute, but since Enchanted wasn't my favorite I'm not sure if this is something I'll make a priority. But then again..Saturday does excite me more than the rest...Great pick Lili!

    <333 Inky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Enchanted too, but both of these sound like so much fun! Nothing I like better than a good fairytale retelling!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, i have to add this to my to read list!!

    ReplyDelete