Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

In no particular order...

1. Brigid Kemmerer- Her Elementals series has completely blown me away. But she's so small that my library doesn't carry her books. Her publisher is Kensington! Why is she not sold in the book stores near me?!

2. Sarah Fine- One of my favorite authors ever and a good friend. When I mention the name of her book, people often don't know what I'm talking about. So I make them pick it up and then they love me. She deserves to be known.

3. Gina Damico- Possibly one of the most hilarious authors I've ever come across. Why is her CROAK series not on a best-sellers list?

4. Susan Ee- She is the master of delicious and dark mixed in a post-apocalyptic angel world. And she loves what she does. She pushed back the pub date of the sequel to her debut, ANGELFALL, because she wasn't happy with it and didn't want to give us, her readers, something she was disappointed in.

5. Tammara Webber- I know EASY has blown up, but I still don't think she has the recognition she deserves. Again, my library can't carry her books yet because our system won't acknowledge them and it's been months!

6. Page Morgan- Her historical fiction debut with gargoyles completely blew me away. She needs to be better known!

7. Fiona Paul- She deserves to be a best seller. Why are her books not sold everywhere?! VENOM is my favorite murder mystery historical fiction with a delicious romance ever.

8. Cora Carmack- Just...everyone who reads new adult needs to read her books. And libraries need to carry them!

9. Jennifer A. Nielsen- I wish more middle grade age kids actually read her work, because it can get even the most stubborn readers addicted.

10. Bethany Frenette- DARK STAR was among my favorite superhero books ever. Love, love, love. <3

13 comments:

  1. Great list Lili! The only two I've read are Tammara and Cora, but a lot of those others are on my TBR! I've heard especially great things about Sarah Fine's Sanctum, so I definitely need to get on that!

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Fine is my favorite. Ever. So you should definitely get on that! <3

      Delete
  2. Cora Carmack made it to my list too! I agree, anyone who enjoys new adult should read her books!!!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the what? I need this Dark Star book! I'm a HUGE superhero fan. Also Sarah totally made my list too! She's the best x the other best!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I shall be tweeting you now ;) I have an extra copy

      Delete
  4. I wasn't a tremendous fan of Easy, but I SO agree with you with Cora Carmack, Jennifer Nielsen, and Bethany Frenette! Even though that book isn't really about superheroes, but STILL. Totally under the radar and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes. Cora, Jennifer, and Bethany all deserve their spots but it is sort of a superhero book. Idk how else to describe it but when you say superhero it sparks the interest!

      Delete
  5. Yes, Gina Damico! She's on my list this week, too. I love her books. :)

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cora Carmack--I'm not a huge fan of NA, but I am a fan of her work.
    Susan Ee--SOOO many people have recommended Angelfall, and I have a copy, and now you're just reminding me that I've really got to get on that.
    I agree--the Elemental series is a lot of fun :).
    I've seen so many recs for Jennifer Nielsen now... Like with Angelfall, I feel like I'm missing out. Time to find a copy of the FALSE PRINCE, I guess :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. My library only has the first of Brigid's books as well. And I'm dying to read Spark :(((( Storm was so awesome and I'm just dying from the wait!

    ReplyDelete