Top Ten Movie Adaptations


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

In no particular order, except for #1...

1. Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King- Best. Movie. Ever. Powerful and among my favorites of all time.

2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- Do I even need to explain this one? The movies came a long way between the 8 of them.

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- Not the best adaptation, but easily enjoyable and mostly true to the book aside from a few certain things. Plus, I love anything with J. Law! <3

4. The Princess Diaries- Perfect for when I was little, I could not get enough of this movie or the fact that the amazingly sexy Chris Pine happened to be in the sequel with gross hair. ugh

5. Holes- If you act like you didn't know this was a book, I may kill you.

6. Alice in Wonderland- Awesome movie. The effects were astounding. Don't act like you've never seen it.

7. Matilda- I grew up on this movie, okay? I freaking loved it. Matilda and her love of books and her teacher and oh my gosh. The love!

8. Fight Club- First rule of fight club: what happens in fight club stays in fight club.

9. The Notebook- This is getting a spot on this list because it always makes me cry even though I know what's coming! Ugh, how I love you so much Ryan Gosling <3

10. The Godfather- Never read the books, but these are among my Dad's favorite movies of all time.

Oh, the love! <3 Link me to your lists!

10 comments:

  1. This is a spot on list. Gah, I always forget that Chris Pine and his terrible hair were in The Princess Diaries 2. He was pretty foxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved the Matilda adaptation. It made my list. I also have the Harry Potter books on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with EVERY SINGLE ONE HERE! Obviously you have perfect taste in movies. So many things we have to watch together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're the only other list I've seen so far besides mine that's added Matilda! I LOVED that movie and the book! Great list!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also loved The Notebook, but I was actually disappointed in the book. For me, it didn't have the emotion that the movie had, plus the way it ended was better in the movie. Great list! My TTT.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband pointed out Shawshank Redemption after I had already posted my list. I don't know how I could have left it off - I never read the book but the movie is awesome! It's one of my favorites! LOL - I can only agree wtih Alice in Wonderland if we are talking about the Disney/Animated version :-p

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHUT WHUT WHUT. The Shawshank Redemption was written by Stephen King!?! That's one of my favorite movies. I knew it was a book, but I didn't know it was a King book, and I've always meant to read King's work....

    Hunger Games and Harry Potter seem to be everywhere - whether on the worst or best list of adaptations. I can't, in good faith, put HP on either list because I can't separate it from the books, and how accurate they were, and because I still like some parts of them and how they brought the magic to life. THG, though... I wrote a critique post on that. Have a huge love/hate relationship with that movie.

    PS - I like your banner :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! The Hunger Games made my list too. I loved watching Matilda when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read Fight Club! I was super addicted to that movie for awhile and would watch it every single time it was on!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your choices! Huge fan of Shawshank Redemption and Fight Club. And I'm still a fan girl over the Princess Diaries, haha! Ohhhh and Matilda...so much love.

    ReplyDelete