15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4


The 15 day Book Blogger Challenge can be found here.
 
Christina from A Reader of Fictions, Mickey from I'm a Book Snark, Jessie from Ageless Page Reviews, and myself have decided to do this over the course of 15 weeks. One post will go up every Friday in order to teach you a little about ourselves.
 
~*~*~*~

The last book I flung across the room... ouch. That's a tie between two, but since one is an eBook, the physical copy wins out.

Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young


Caroline is at a crossroads. Her grandmother is sick, maybe dying. Like the rest of her family, Caroline's been at Gram's bedside since her stroke. With the pressure building, all Caroline wants to do is escape--both her family and the reality of Gram's failing health. So when Caroline's best friend offers to take her to a party one fateful Friday night, she must choose: stay by Gram's side, or go to the party and live her life.

The consequence of this one decision will split Caroline's fate into two separate paths--and she's about to live them both.

Friendships are tested and family drama hits an all-new high as Caroline attempts to rebuild old relationships, and even make a few new ones. If she stays, her longtime crush, Joel, might finally notice her, but if she goes, Chris, the charming college boy, might prove to be everything she's ever wanted.

Though there are two distinct ways for her fate to unfold, there is only one happy ending...

Basically, my review explains it all. You can find that here. This book pissed me off so much that Amazon won't even accept my review for it. 

If you want me to pinpoint a single thing that pissed me off about this book, it would be the fact that our main character, Caroline, left her dying grandmother to go to a party that was such a big deal because it was a college party. It's not like she can go to a college party whenever the hell she wants to come time for her to attend college or anything. I would not leave the side of a dying loved one no matter what, especially someone who I love as much as Caroline claims to love her grandmother. And because this happens so close to the beginning of the book, the rest just annoyed me.

Such a decision shouldn't even be a consideration, stupid girl.

5 comments:

  1. ..I can see why this book was so aggravating, based on your example! That's just... not a good choice. I don't think this would be a book for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Amazon won't except your review for it! I'm definitely heading over to read your review -- Super curious now ;) It must be snarky <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I'll never read this one then I guess. Thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I used to want to read this book, but I don't think I ever knew what it was about. If I did, I'm sure I would have passed right over it because who does that? SHE IS DYING. Oh my god, I'm getting angry and I haven't even read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's that moment where I remember I have to do this tomorrow. ACK.

    It was funny. I was in a bookstore this weekend with other blogger people and we were talking about this book. One of them read out the jacket copy, and they were all like "of course you go to the party." And I was like CHICKA-WHUT? I mean, seriously, I was thinking "duh, you stay with grandma" even though I am super not a family focused person. But whatever. Maybe because I don't like parties much? And, I mean, it sounded like grandma might actually still be like conscious and aware that you were there. If she was braindead, I could see it.

    ReplyDelete