Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Sequels


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Frankly, I'm happy every single book below was a stand-alone because I couldn't have asked for a better story. But, damn, did I not want any of these novels to end. I wish they could last forever.

In no particular order...


Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay

This book blew me away completely. I didn't want to say good-bye, yet I was left beyond satisfied with the story. After speaking to Stacey, she admitted that this is the first story where she felt entirely satisfied with it...like she couldn't have changed a single thing. And I wouldn't change a single thing either. Besides, well, making their story never-ending. ;)








The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

I could not get enough of this one. It took a lot of risks with LARPing and the importance of comic books and it made me absolutely adore it. The originality level is off the charts and the hilariousness comes in epic proportions. Everyone needs a bit of Logan in their life, and I'd love to see more of them! I want to see what happens next.




Poison by Bridget Zinn

I found this book to be absolutely adorable. Seriously, there was a huge smile plastered on my face throughout the entire book. And it kills me to know that I will never be able to see another book written by Mrs. Zinn because of her unfortunate death due to cancer a few years ago. This book will forever be a go-to for a smile, and I can promise that Zinn will be missed. My one qualm with this book was that the ending seemed odd and it's because they had to make this into a stand-alone when it was originally planned to be a trilogy because of her unfortunate passing.

RIP Bridget Zinn



The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

I flew through this book because it was so amazing. It had me dying of laughter and I never wanted it to end. In truth, it ended all too soon because it was such a quick read. I'd love to see what happens next. You know you have an amazing story in front of you if you fly through it, but flying through a book just leaves you wanting more!







The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

This book made me bawl my eyes out. So much so that when I was simply discussing it with my AP World History teacher at lunch one day, we both teared up. It made me think and it gave me hope just as easily as it bashed my imaginary book world into a million pieces. And this was all because I got really attached to the characters. While I have issues with Green's speech with his characters, I got so attached to Hazel and Augustus. And I think that's why my heart is so broken with the ending...and it's also why I wish it wasn't a stand-alone because I never want to let either of them go!



The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors

It's an UGLY DUCKLING re-telling! I have yet to come across another and I freaking loved this with every fiber of my being because I enjoyed the original tale so much as a child. It's quirky, it's cute and its adorableness is in abundance. Not to mention the fact that the overall story centers around chocolate. How could you not want more of that?!







Easy by Tammara Webber

So, this was the first new adult book I've ever read. It's also one of my favorite books ever. It was raw and real and just...sheer perfection. There was love, there was heartbreak, and there was tragedies that had to be overcome. It has a healthy dose of girl power made even more prominent by Webber's beautiful writing. And, most importantly, it handles tough subjects in a respectable manner. I've really despised most new adult books I've read since because this book set my hopes so high. To this day, I have yet to allow either of the characters go. I can't say good-bye to Lukas and Jacqueline yet because of their impact on me.




The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

This book blew me away completely, there's no other way to put it. It's simple, adorable, and powerful all at once. I loved it so much that I wish it was longer only because I'd love to know what happens next. I just...I loved this one. I can't even express my love for it in words. Such a thing is nearly impossible.





52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody

I adored this book because it was entirely entertaining. The MC's character arc was certainly one of the most unique I've ever seen. I'd love to see what happens next, especially with her new friends. Watching her changes were great and I don't think I could get enough of the entertaining factors in this one. While I've struggled with some of Brody's other reads, this one was absolutely amazing.






The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

My absolute favorite book ever. I've re-read it countless times. The messages in it blow me away and Zusak's writing is just...wow. I'd love to see what happens when Liesel is grown up. Really, I'd love to see anything. I want more Max especially. I just, I will never forget this book. NEVER. It will forever continue in my mind.

Simply put: I have not one bad thing to say about this book because it is the definition of perfection. I will never forget such a powerful story.



~*~BONUS~*~

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terill

I'm not going to say much about this book because I just finished it today. It blew my mind completely. Perhaps one of the best sci-fi's I have ever read. I mean, the emotions...I'm still reeling! My review doesn't go up for another two weeks, but gah! This book needs to have a sequel because I loved it so much! The mind-fuckery must continue! It's sci-fi, she can still make us bat shit crazy with some amazing new invention!

18 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Of Beauty & Beast and The Book Thief! I was thinking of a sequel where Liesl has to deal with forgetting about the war and she encounters PTSD.
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost put The Book Thief on my list. While I would love to see more, that book broke me into a zillion pieces, so I'm not sure I could actually handle more!

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh so many I haven't read yet. I know I'm like the one person that hasn't gotten the guts to read tfios yet
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I considered The Book Thief and TFIOS, but I didn't want to mess with the perfect endings.

    I have The Distance Between Us and All Our Yesterdays, but I haven't read them yet. I've heard lots of great things, so I'm sure I'll be clamoring for a sequel.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I added TFiOS and The Distance Between Us! They were both sooooo good!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with The Summer I Became A Nerd. I felt like that book was my teens! Also The Sweetest Spell sounds awesome. I had no idea it was an Ugly Duckling retelling, how cool! And now I feel like I NEED to read The Book Thief. I feel it could be your Devil's Arithmetic. Which is one of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree about The Distance Between Us! I NEED MORE. Oh, and All Our Yesterdays is getting a sequel! I went straight to Cristin's website to check once I finished the book. Until then, I must reread it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Book Thief and Poison are both on my list, especially sad about Poison knowing it was never meant to be a single book :( I'd never heard of The Sweetest Spell but as I love fairy tales I've just bought a copy!

    My Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read The Distance Between Us. I have heard nothing but love for this book and to see it on your list makes me want to read it even more!

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I'd love to read more about the Book Thief! There is probably going to be a sequel of All our Yesterdays, the writer announced that:)

    TTT @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! The Summer I Became a Nerd. I could read so many more books focused on Maddie and Logan - and then Logan's family!

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Summer I Became a Nerd is also on my list. It would be so amazing if The Distance Between Us had a sequel, too :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Fault in Our Stars was so good! I'm actually hoping to read All Our Yesterdays this week, and I'm really excited! Great picks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilli, new follower!

    I also had The Book Thief in my list.

    You've got so many fantastic books on your list and I really enjoyed the reasons you provided with each one.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Fault in Our Stars is on my list this week too. I didn't think to put 52 Reasons to Hate My Father on there, but I totally agree!

    New GFC follower

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. EVERYONE IS SO HYPED OVER ALL OUR YESTERDAYS. (!!!)

    TDBU: Yes. I loved the humor and lightness and great chemistry. I thought there were a few unresolved issues that I'd like to see cleared up, so it would be nice to see Xander & Caymen later and how they deal with their issues. Same for The Statistical Probability and Hadyen and Oliver. A lot of contemporaries. (Side note: how great would it be if the authors--not just these two, but potentially some other contemporary YA ones--wrote a mash-up together?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, so many of the books you listed, I've loved. Distance Between Us, TFIOS, Statistical. I don't know if I would rush out and read sequels. Sometimes I think books are perfect as standalones. But I seriously need to read Of Beast and Beauty. Love fairytale retellings :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Summer Before I Became A Nerd. That is all ... well, I can't just stop there :) I'm sooo curious about All Our Yesterdays now. So much praise! I must read soon!

    ReplyDelete