Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This was such a hard list. In no particular order...


1. Max Vandenberg in THE BOOK THIEF

This guy is my favorite character of all time. He stands for so much and he is powerful. Just, gah. I can never get enough of him and his story--meaning both THE BOOK THIEF and his writings in the story.

But he is blonde! He is not a brunette! This pisses me off so much! The movie did not cast him well and it breaks my heart.









2. Dobby in HARRY POTTER

I think that this is pretty self explanatory. I also want to include...
  • Neville Longbottom
  • Ron 
  • Hermione
  • Everyone else in HP because they deserve it










3. Storm in the FIRE AND THORNS TRILOGY


I loved Storm. He went from being an unpredictable character to an amazing friend and trustworthy warrior. He was so unexpected, which is what makes him so perfect. His lack of understanding sarcasm also led to a lot of laughs, which was perfect. He's just perfect and he's stuck in my mind for so long now. He's unforgettable.









4. Vicky in THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

I read this book recently, so this may be why it's sticking out to me. But it's an overall powerful story, and I think that Vicky's absence would have removed so much from it. She is what showed the main character that real people are out there. People can genuinely love you for who you are. She also served to show that anything can be overcome, including eating disorders.

I just loved everything she represented, and I wish she was real. She's the type of friend you kill for.






5. Hassan in THE KITE RUNNER

I cry when I think of this guy. I love him so much. He takes loyalty to an entirely new level, and it can never be compared to. Ever. Never ever.

I can't even stress how much I love him, right behind Max.












6. Iko in THE LUNAR CHRONICLES

Can Iko be in my life?! She is so perfect. She's the number on sidekick. Well... #2 next to Robin. And I love her to pieces. Everyone needs an Iko in their life.














7. Sam in the THRONE OF GLASS NOVELLAS

This is the way love should be. Even if it ends tragically. That is all.










 8. Toby in THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING


I love every character in this book and I wish I could use the two main characters, but, alas, I cannot. I loved Toby because he was used to deliver a huge ton of puns that left me cackling. But he is also an amazing friend. He never judges you and instead encourages you to be yourself. He's simply there no matter what, no questions asked. And I appreciated seeing a character like this.







9. George Cooper, King of Thieves in THE SONG OF THE LIONESS SERIES

This guy is so great. I love it when characters are a paradox. His title and reputation lead him to think one thing, but his general interactions with people (specifically Alanna and her crew) lead you to think something else. 3D characters rock, and he's the king of kings when it comes to being perfect and interesting. Absolutely unforgettable and easily lovable.









 10. Uncle Mort in the CROAK series

Everyone loves a mischievous adult. While Uncle Mort's methods are questionable, he always does the right thing in the end. He's not only hilarious, but he really loves his Croakers despite his odd way of showing it. He's also a genius. His sense of humor kills me and it's impossible not to love him. Just, gah! It's Uncle Mort!

28 comments:

  1. It is impossible to pick just one character from the Harry Potter series! I keep seeing great books and characters that I should have included on my list, and Max from the Book Thief is definitely one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! WHICH IS WHY MY LIST HAS THEM ALL! MUAHAHAHA

      Max is just gah. He's my favorite character of all time. I'm not even kidding you. When I think favorites and most meaningful, I think Max.

      Delete
  2. Storm! Iko! Toby! Sam (I counted him as a primary, so didn't include him (also SOBS))! GEORGE!!!!! I FOR SURE count him as a primary, but yes, love of my life, George Cooper. Also, absolutely everybody from HP. Yes.

    I like how our lists have like 90 percent overlap. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. psh no he is a secondary primary. He's big, but not as big as Chaol or the queenliest queen to ever queen. He's on Mula's level, you know?

      I knew you'd be happy about George <3

      You have good taste, my dear friend ;)

      Delete
  3. There are WAAAAY too many secondary characters! I LOVE IKO, and MAX!!! and thinking about Hassan just makes me tear up so much. Sigh. Great list!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HASSANNNNNNN! I CAN NEVER GOT CRY, OKAY?! He is just so fucking powerful.

      Delete
  4. Gah, I still need to read The Book Thief! Max sounds legit! Also I put Iko on my list! She's just awesome, like seriously awesome!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUST READ IT OR I'LL HAVE TO DISOWN YOU AS A FRIEND!

      Iko deserves to be on every list.

      Delete
  5. Good list, I love Max and Iko as well although my favorite sidekicks of all time doesn't include her or Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o who are your favorites then?!

      Delete
    2. My favorite sidekicks are Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura, Stiles from Teen Wolf(tv version) and Nolan from Revenge. I love all these characters for their loyalty because it's pretty much the one thing that they all have in common is that they'll never abandon the main character and I love all the friendships their actually some of my favorite of all time and I love all these characters for being their own character as well but that would take a lot longer for me to explain why but if your interested I could.

      Delete
  6. Iko in THE LUNAR CHRONICLES

    http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! TURN INTO A SPACESHIP FOR ME, GIRL!

      Delete
  7. Dobby! Good choice. In the first book that he was in, he annoyed me a LOT. However, over the course of Harry's time at Hogwarts, my love for Dobby grew. I was devastated when he sacrificed himself to save Harry, but it shows how selfless he really was.
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dobby is dobby, dobby can never be annoying ;) Ugh, I cried when I saw that scene.

      Delete
  8. I ended up picking Max myself for my TTT! He is such an amazing and beautiful character in an amazing and beautiful book! I'm so excited to reread that book before the movie comes out :)

    I've seen Iko pop up a lot too this week, but she's so fun and sassy how could you not love her?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing, beautiful, superb, stupendous, the list to describe Max goes on and on.

      Iko is perfection too!

      Delete
  9. MAX! I totally need a Book Thief reread soon. I'm going to have to pull my copy out of storage when I go to pull all my winter clothes out. So much love.

    Dobby! I'm sad I forgot him on my list. So much love.

    Vicky is such a good choice. She's definitely my overall favorite character in TSWSYL.

    Sam. SOB. I'm never going to recover from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW COULD YOU EVEN PUT IT IN STORAGE TO BEGIN WITH?! THAT IS INSANE!

      Dobby <3

      I know right. She's so integral to TSWSYL. If she wasn't in it, I think the book would have been so bad.

      ME EITHER! SAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :(

      Delete
  10. George! So much love for that character. I'm loving Max too. I just started the book thief. Great list!


    Shelly~
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you, my dear, just started my favorite book in the history of books <3

      Delete
  11. Awesome list, it took me so long to post! Max was also on my list, I'm dying to see The Book Thief in theaters. They better not ruin my favorite book of all time or I'll probably cry. Actually if they do the book justice I'll probably cry too during the ending. Either way I'm going to need to bring some tissues to the theater!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry Potter's characters could make whole lists. But that'd be cheating. I think.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for Iko & Vicky & Dobby! I wanted to add Vicky but couldn't remember her name & no longer had the ebook i read. ~daphne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I put Iko on my list too!

    my list http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-most-memorable-secondary.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I put Iko on my list too!

    my list http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-most-memorable-secondary.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry my comment went on twice for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dobby!!! I keep forgetting all of these great sub-characters from HP. There's just soooo many. I still need to read the Book Thief!

    ReplyDelete