Top Ten Things That Make My Life as a Reader/Book Blogger Easier


TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

So, I never realized how many things make my life easier until I did this post.

In no particular order....

1. Goodreads - So, yeah, goodreads is basically facebook for bookies. I love it. I love how I've found new books because of it, I love how I can see the books I've read, find books similar to the ones I love, watch my friends to see what they love, and I love that it keeps track of all of my progress.
Really, I love everything about Goodreads. Except for maybe the fact that the app on my phone sucks.

2. Library - I work at a library, so I love it anyway, but prior to blogging I didn't actually take many books out of the library. Now, if someone makes me die for a book I practically have it at my fingertips with the 75 library consortium that my library is part of.

3. Netgalley/Edelweiss - I can now get books before they come out! While eARC formatting sucks, this is still so amazing and I love it. I do, however, hate it when a publisher denies me. haha

4. Twitter - I only started using Twitter because of book blogging. Now I can communicate with other bloggers, publishers, and authors. Plus, I tend to find myself dying of laughter throughout the day because of it. Plus, networking!

5. iPad - I love my iPad. I have Nook, Kindle, and iBooks at the tip of my fingers all on a single device. It's rather amazing if you ask me.

6. Other bloggers - You guys not only share an immense love of reading with me, but you are some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Our similar interests mean we never run out of things to talk about. Plus, you guys keep me sane! We all have the same escape from reality.

7. Memes - STS, TTT, and WOW have become my favorite posts behind discussions and reviews. I
enjoy the fact that these are not only fun, but they keep my blog alive with bookish topics. It gives me some time to breathe between books and it keeps my blog fun!

8. Books of Wonder - This store is what helped me discover a love of indie bookstores. Plus, it showed me that signings exist where you can meet authors! It's so amazing!

9. My readers - I love the fact that you guys follow me and actually appreciate my opinion. Every time you comment, I smile. You guys keep me going when blogging becomes slightly troublesome.

10. My blog - I REMEMBER SHIT NOW! That's really why I created this blog in the first place. If you gave me a series I could not remember what happened in book one when I was reading book two. I can do that now. But, more importantly, my blog was my outlet to meet so many of my best friends now, and I'm so thankful for that.

4 comments:

  1. Love this list! I think that everyone is going to have Goodreads on theirs. I mean how can you not, right? Also, "I remember shit now," is an epic line! Trademark it now!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I agree with the whole memes and other bloggers being helpful with a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd work at a library - I'd probably move there :p And I really like memes too! I don't have to worry that I won't have a post in a certain day because the spot is already taken!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha your #10 cracked me up! Having a blog and being able to post thoughts does help so much with remembering what happened, especially when you go to read a sequel and don't have time for the other books in the series!

    ReplyDelete