Waiting on Wednesday #34


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

It's been a really long time since I've done one of these. Mainly because the purpose of these is for all of us to freak out over books together. Instead, some people go around saying, "I have that ARC!" Of course it's going to make someone jealous. I'll comment about my thoughts on the book if I enjoyed it to make people more excited, but I try not to be rude about anything.

With that in mind, I'm hoping that things have changed in the past two months and we can all enjoy WoW in peace! haha

So, without further ado...

 Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

From the author the New York Times bestseller Eleanor & Park

A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love.

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?
 ~*~Why I'm Waiting~*~

I'm just now realizing how long that synopsis was! haha

Anyway, I've never read anything by Rainbow Rowell and I really want to. I love a well done coming of age story and I hope I love this one as much as some of my closest blogging friends do. My fingers are crossed for this to blow me away. It seems right up my alley.

~*~*~*~

Link me to your WoW in the comments below!  

3 comments:

  1. I've been hearing such amazing things about this one!! Plus it has twins :) And like you, I've never read anything by Rowell either. I'm definitely reading this one in the future. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I didn't get through Eleanor and Park, I think this one sounds really really cute! I guess the nerd in me wants to read this one! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Eleanor and Park yet but I'm planning on reading Fangirl soon. It looks great! Fabulous pick!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete