'Sup, College?

As you read this, I am moving into my dorm with the help of Gaby at Queen Ella Bee Reads.



Odds are that I am a big sweaty mess. I bet that my mother and I are bickering about which drawer should be my underwear drawer while my roommate's Dad and my Dad bond over the fact that they're getting some women out of the house.



...At least, that's how I imagine it.

I think it's clear to everyone that I am starting a new chapter in my life. And with that new chapter, I wanted to take a moment to be serious. This isn't one of those posts where I sit here with the intention of making you laugh maniacally (even though my ever present GIFs will forever be on this post). This is a post where I thank you.


I want to thank all my readers and subscribers, anybody who is reading this, for sticking with me. This has been one of the greatest years of my life because I found a niche. I found people like me who appreciate my opinions and thoughts. It amazes me to this day that some of you actually value the words that I spew when analyzing books. When I get e-mails from authors appreciating the reviews, it blows my mind. These people that I once thought were untouchable are normal. And those bookish people that I once thought never existed really do exist, even if some of them live far away.

Lili's Reflections would not be what it is without you. And, for that, I will be forever grateful.



Now comes the sad part.

Obviously, my blog is going to change greatly now that I am in college. I have to study to keep my scholarship up, and I also plan on having a social life, you know? I won't have as much reading time, though I'll make it a point to read as much as I can. The blog may have more memes and discussions then reviews, and that bums me out. But, I hope you stick with me anyway.


I spent the last two weeks of August reading as much as I possibly could so that I jumped ahead on my September and October reviews. I have a ton scheduled in advance, but once those are gone, I don't know what'll happen to the blog. How many reviews I can get up a month, how many posts in general. It's all a mystery to me. But I refuse to allow my blog to die.

So, while I thanked everyone for sticking with me this far, I'm asking that you stick with me even further. It's going to take some time for me to find my groove in this. But, once I find it, I'm sure my blog can prosper once again.

Thanks for everything, guys. Means a lot. Now, if you excuse me, I must go decide where to put my Markus Zusak poster. ;)

Favorite. Quote. Ever. In. Favorite. Book.. EVER!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck at college! I know you'll love it and have the best time ever <3 And I'm really happy you're going to try to make your blog work and keep it alive, even if you'll have to scale back on reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Lili! I thought my blogging life was going to collapse when I started college last year too and thought my blogging would suffer while I got social and worked to keep my all-important scholarship, but that wasn't the case. I actually read more books during my first year of college than I did in a single year of high school! You'll find your groove in college and figure out where blogging fits and it'll be smooth sailing from there.

    Of course, I'm taking higher-level classes now that involve lots of reading and the blog is still on hiatus because co-bloggette was on vacation and is now moving, so I haven't been forced to really get in the groove yet. But whatever. You have nothing to worry about and college is going to rock your socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely still be reading your blog and I know how hectic school can get, it really takes up all your time almost! I hope you have fun at collage and the work load isn't hard...and I'll look forward to your posts when you have time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This almost made me cry! It's an amazing thing to find a place where you feel like you belong and people GET you, isn't it? I've been blogging for almost three years and it still amazes me that people actually read my blog and value my opinion. This community is truly amazing. I hope you have a fantastic time at school and that everything goes really well for you. I'm a new follower - I have faith you'll find a way to keep blogging, whether it's daily, weekly, or even monthly. ;-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. GABY HELPED YOU MOVE IN. That is so precious. Also, I am jealous of the number of bloggers in the NYC area. I want to be there so I can play with your guys.

    Fish gif is saaaaaaad. My feels, Lili!

    In college, I hardly read at all freshman and sophomore year, but then I found a system whereby I would reward myself for school work with a chapter of a fun book. Def won't work for everyone. Find your own way and, most importantly, HAVE ALL OF THE FUN (and don't fail out of school)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.

    That's all. And also Good Luck. College is hard but it's amazing and I know you will make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears,

    I am a newer follower as well as a college student. I am lucky that while finding my niche I am still living at home. last year in college I never read as much as i wanted to but this year i have been able to make the time to read.

    I love you GIFS and how you write your reviews. You make it feel like you are talking to just one reader even though there are dozens of us out there.

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    @Bookz4Nerdz

    ReplyDelete