Top Ten Best Sequels Ever


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

Clearly, if a book made it onto this list for me, then I highly recommend you read it. In no particular order...



1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, book two in the Throne of Glass series









2. Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter, book three in the Heist Society series

This is my favorite book in the series by far.







3. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, book two in The Lunar Chronicles series











4. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss

It's technically a sequel, so it's  not cheating!








5. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson, book three in the Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy

This is the way to end a series.









6. Rogue by Gina Damico, book three in the Croak series

If you haven't learned the proper way to end a series after reading THE BITTER KINGDOM, then you should read this one.









7. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, book two in the Shatter Me trilogy
 









8. A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard, book two in the Something Strange and Deadly series










9. Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood, book two in the Cahill Witch Chronicles









 10. Faking It by Cora Carmack, book two in the Losing It series
 










11. Dare You To by Katie McGarry, book two in the Pushing The Limits series

Always have to have one for good luck!


And, of course, Harry Potter has some of the best sequels ever.

Once I read it, I'm sure SIEGE AND STORM will get a spot on this list as well.

Link me to your lists!



11 comments:

  1. I am still going crazy about how awesome Crown of Midnight was! I really need to read the Susan Dennard series, I don't know why I haven't managed to get to that yet! Do you read their online space opera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I still need to read some of these *cough Scarlet cough* but we do have a few matches in our lists too! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh- I need to read Unravel Me and I need to start Rae Carson's series. That is what this week's TTT has showed me. So many books, so little time.

    Great list,

    ~Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read two of these! *hangs head in shame* I didn't really like Scarlet. I mean, it was okay, but it was nothing compared to Cinder. Crown of Midnight, on the other hand, kicked Throne of Glass's ass!

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I liked Faking It even more than the first book.Same with Dare You To, but with that one it's because I read the second book first. And I still have to read Throne of Glass, but I've heard such good things about the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good list, I loved Perfect Scoundrels as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star Cursed! Yes - such a cruel ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Lola! I think it's tied with Anna for me though. And I'm currently reading Dare You To!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lily,

    Normally, our tastes are quite different; but I am so with you on this list!!! 7/10 of these books would have made my list!!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read a lot of these! Of the ones I've read, I did like The Bitter Kingdom, but not as much as The Girl of Fire and Thorns. And I liked Pushing the Limits a bit more than Dare You To. Can't wait to read Crash Into You!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Scarlet, I started you and then had to stop. Argh! Must get back to it. It is on everyone list today!

    ReplyDelete