15 Day Book Blogging Challenge: Day 9


The 15 day Book Blogger Challenge can be found here.
Christina from A Reader of Fictions, Mickey from I'm a Book Snark, Jessie from Ageless Page Reviews, and myself have decided to do this over the course of 15 weeks. One post will go up every Friday in order to teach you a little about ourselves.
 
Today's topic...why do you blog about books?
 
~*~*~*~
 
This is a surprisingly loaded question. But, really, why wouldn't I blog about books? A quote from Joseph Addison comes to mind.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.  
1. I guess you can say I blog about books because reading calms me.

Yup, that quote pretty much sums this up.


2. I want to go into the publishing industry one day.

On a serious note, I'm hoping that this blog will allow me to explore the industry that I hope to work in shortly. It's giving me a unique perspective that I'm very thankful for having.

3. Reading is a necessary escape from reality.

Seriously, though, who doesn't want to escape from reality every now and then?

This is what you do for me, book(s).

4. Ya'll are my little niche.

Growing up, I didn't have many friends that read, so I was on my own in that regard. Then I stumbled across this community and after seeing the way everyone gets along, I made my own blog that I love dearly. Don't ever leave me, fellow bookish nerds! <3


5. Books make me feel, and this is where I can express those feels.

Sometimes a book just speaks to you, it can understand those thoughts in the deep recesses of your mind that even you don't understand. Really, a book can temporarily give you the world. And who doesn't love that amazing feeling one gets after finishing a riveting novel that simply made you feel?


6. I'm just really terrible at remembering shit and I remember shit now because of my blog.

'Nuff said. Pretty self explanatory.

Thanks for helping me remember stuff, blog!

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete