Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I hate scary books. I can honestly say that I will not be reading any of these books ever because of the scary covers and the promised nightmares that will most likely follow.

In no particular order...


1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

While I have had so many friends that loved this book, I can't even dream about picking it up because of the promised horror inside. Plus, the cover creeps me out a ton. The blood tripping everywhere and the creepy house with the fogginess! Recipe for Lili never to sleep again!




 

2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil 

One word to describe this cover: ominous. Yeah. I'm in no hurry to pick it up. Just looking at it makes me want to take a step back and breathe deeply.







3. Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

I've gotta admit that I actually want to read this series, but the wimp in me has not gotten around to doing so yet. However, the cover of book two is totally atmospheric. Look at it! Girl walking into the woods while the trees close in on her. In other words, something I will never do!




 
4. The End Games by T. Michael Martin

Oh my gosh, I can't even! Look at it! All the creepiness and the figures looking down on them and all the red which is the color of blood. I just can't!







5. Insomnia by J.R. Johansson

This cover freaks me out so much, okay? I don't know if it's the cracks coming out of the eye or what, but it just freaks me out!







6. Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Do I even have to describe why this one is creepy? Just look at the girl, and the creepiness, and the border, and the font. It's just one creep-tastic cover that sends chills down my spine.






7. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley

Call this one atmospheric, but I do not want to look at it often. The lone girl in a lit up doorway just leads to bad, bad things! Never a good sign, people! 







8. Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

This entire series is admittedly creepy as hell, but I hate this book the most because the girl seems to be screaming out of fair or pain or a combination of both. No bueno!








9. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

It's like you want me to see this face every time I close my eyes! Just look at it. I get freaked out within seconds!







10. Envy by Gregg Olsen

I don't know about you, but this looks like a girl lying dead in a bathtub to me.








Link me to your top ten creepiest covers for Halloween! <3

19 comments:

  1. ooo you have some great books on here!!! Kala @ TheWishfulLamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great picks. Ashes is really freaking me out right now. I haven't heard of that book before this.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refuse to read it because of the cover. It's like staring into my soul and ripping me apart whenever I notice it!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a massive fan of scary books either. I am hoping to read Pretty Girl 13 at some point, as I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great things...but it is freaking creepy looking!!! Don't deny it!

      Delete
  4. I don't read really scary books so picking scary covers was hard as I didn't want to end up with ones that would give me nightmares. I did pick Anna though and you are right, the fog adds another layer to the creepiness. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ANNA is just a given because it's such a well known horror. It's like horror got big again after ANNA (at least to me). Prior to ANNA, I never really knew any horror titles aside from the typical Stephen King or Edgar Allen Poe.

      Delete
  5. Ooh some good ones here! Anna has always freaked me out but I do own it on the kindle so I can ignore the cover! The Insomnia one is creepy too but it totally is what I feel like I look like after a night of not sleeping well...errr okay how about every day when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANNA is totally captivating yet creepy. You want to look away, but at times you just can't.

      But gah. INSOMNIA is so creepy!!! You're funny though haha

      Delete
  6. Yup. That's totally dead girl in bathtub in Envy and that's really creepy. Maybe she's a zombie :D

    Great list!
    My Top Ten List!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm happy I'm not the only one that thought "dead girl in a bathtub."

      Delete
  7. I WILL FORCE YOU TO READ UNSPOKEN IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jkdfgkldjfg IF THERE IS ANYTHING ON THIS LIST THAT I WILL READ, IT'S UNSPOKEN, OKAY?!

      Delete
  8. Insomnia is really disturbing looking. Great picks!

    My TTT:http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-to-read-for-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Untold, read the first book Unspoken. Not as creepy as it looks, I promise.

    Here's Our List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm still the worlds biggest wimp though

      Delete
  10. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete