Waiting on Wednesday #34


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.
 
My pick of the week is...
 
Warrior by Ellen Oh
 
First an outcast, now a hero.

But her fight rages on.

Kira, the yellow-eyed demon slayer who fiercely protected her kingdom—and the crown prince—has been proclaimed the Dragon Musado of the prophecy. With the defeated the evil shaman.

But it wasn’t enough.

Hansong is in chaos. The Demon Lord’s minions have infiltrated the city, treason is brewing among the military ranks, and Kira is buried by the overwhelming loss of her parents. She’s also plagued by the annoying feelings that blossom whenever she’s around Jaewon. But she is determined that nothing will stop her from finding the second treasure needed to fulfill the Dragon King’s prophecy. Not even the army of half-breed demons hot on their trail. If only she could learn to trust others…

Her father always said one person can change the world. Will it be Kira?
~*~Why I'm Waiting~*~
 
Ellen's first book, PROPHECY, had a strong plot though it was hindered by several of my personal pet peeves in writing. In the end, I gave it three stars. Ever since I posted that review, I'm happy to say that I call Ellen a good friend, and I've eagerly anticipated this second book with the hope that it can take a super awesome plot and give it the story that I truly believe it deserves!

Link me to your WoW posts!
 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first one yet, but this one sounds pretty interesting, so I will have to check it out. Great pick! My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read this series! I remember you telling me about the first one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Prophecy but I've heard good things about it.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't really my kind of book but I really like the cover. Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Prophecy. It's sitting on my shelf, but when I get in a fantasy kick, it's going to be one of the first ones I read.

    ReplyDelete