Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This list is rather rushed because I was super busy this week, but here you go!

In no particular order...


1. Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock - I understand that this is supposed to be cute and adorable, but if I didn't know what this book was about I would skip right over it without any regrets.

2. Gated by Amy Christine Parker - The eye on this is so blue that it looks fake and there is absolutely nothing that draws me in. The repetition of the title is not appealing to the eye and looks more annoying than anything else.

3. That Summer by Sarah Dessen - Is it bad that this just reminds me of pictures that a bunch of the gymnasts in my high school take when they go to the beach and want to show off? The font for the title doesn't even match properly...


4. Between the Lines by Tammara Webber - I love Webber's writing, but this cover reminds me of a book I would read in middle school, not like a new adult book. I wouldn't pick it up if I didn't know how much I love the author.

5. That Boy by Gillian Dodd - This book has over 14,000 ratings on Goodreads. Just by glancing at the cover, you wouldn't think so. I could draw this before I was in kindergarten.


6. Darker Days by Jus Accardo - This looks like something out of a middle school photo shoot. That is all.

7. Rush by Eve Silver - When I was little I would write in bubble letters because that was my idea of art...when I was four. I don't want the entire cover to be the title.

8. Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt - This seems super cliche to me. People in my school wrap themselves in lights to take pictures. There's nothing amazing in this.


9. Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike - I was in elementary school the last time I played with bubbles.

10. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - Again with the descending title repetition! I don't like these! Why?!

~*~Bonus~*~

I've Fallen and There's a Tentacle in my Butt by Edward Naughty - this one is very self explanatory, no?

Link me to your TTT's below!

16 comments:

  1. I don't dislike EARTHBOUND's cover, but I think the new one is super cool and pretty. For a second I didn't think THAT BOY was real--I could draw that right now with a pink marker and some paper. And let's not even talk about that tentacle thing, because EW.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. BUT IT'S REAL! AND WELL ADORED! AND I'M JUST LIKE WHAT?! and the tentacle thing is just like...WHY

      Delete
  2. Heeheehee Dairy Queen... Nuff said.
    And what is with That Boy??

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL HAVE TROUBLE BELIEVING THAT "THAT BOY" IS A LEGITIMATE COVER.

      Delete
  3. My problem with That Summer is that my attention immediately goes to her crotch. I was taught in college to never include crotch-shots in sports articles. This is why.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO HAPPY I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. It's like the shorts are too short and she is showing off a little too much and I am like "nuh-uh girl! Don't do that!"

      Photos like this shouldn't even appear on facebook, let alone widely read publications of any sort like sports articles or teen novels.

      Delete
  4. WUT. I just don't know with these erotica books. For the record, there's totally a sequel. Glad I'm not the only one who put Earthbound on the list today, although I do play with bubbles regularly at my job at a children's science museum, but I understand your point. Great list!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, there is?! I am cringing!

      Haha well that's entailed with your job!

      Delete
    2. The cover is JUST as bad and the title JUST as awkward. I'm surprised you didn't throw up the Taken by the T-Rex series as well! ;)

      Delete
  5. Ha I agree with these, Between The Lines does look like something a pre-teen would read; although I love all the purple. HA that bonus one is hilarious. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the purple. Wholeheartedly agree with you there. It does not hint at all of the new adult nature though. I'm not saying we need people shoving tongues down their throats or something because those annoy me just as much as the next person, but I wouldn't want to feel inclined to pick that book up as a twelve year old.

      Delete
  6. I love the Dairy Queen cover! It's too bad that you would skip over it. If I saw a cover like that with a cute little cow wearing a crown, I would be like, "What the heck is this book about?!" and grab it right off of the shelf to read.
    Check out my TTT list: http://www.booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a personal opinion type thing. I'm like a cow with a crown? Eh..... Reminds me of that disney movie COW BELLES

      Delete
  7. I agree Between the Lines needs a redesign asap

    Check out Our TTT

    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, all the Dairy Queen covers are not good, imo.

    I also don't care for the redesigns they did for Sarah Dessen. They make me grumpy.

    OMG how does That Boy have so many reviews? I AM DYING. WHAT IS THAT?

    Wait, people in your school wrap themselves in Christmas lights? Um. What?

    Also, I know where you found that last one. lololol

    ReplyDelete