Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

So, I'm going to make this half bookish and half reality! Here goes nothing!

~*~Top 5 Bookish Things I Am Thankful For~*~

1. My blogger friends. You guys, I can't live with you. You keep me sane and I know you are always here for me. Gillian, Christina, Inky, Becca, Krista, Gaby, Montana, Jennifer immediately come to mind. And, of course, there are growing friendships with Meg, Molli, Ellis, Bekka, Kelly, Angie, Sunny, Shae and so many more whose names I know I am forgetting. Please, don't be offended if you aren't mentioned here.

2. My blog as a whole (and this community). It gives me a place to share my thoughts and express my opinions. I can take my mind off of reality. And, hey, it helps me remember books that I tend to forget. Most importantly, it's introduced me to an amazing group of people in a community that I will forever be a part of. I've found my little electronic niche.

3. The library. I love libraries...so much. Just ah, I am so thankful they exist. They make the broke college student feel good about herself. Plus, I HAVE THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY AT MY FINGERTIPS, PEOPLE!

4. Goodreads, Twitter, and other social networking websites. They help me focus and introduce me to new authors and books. Some of my favorite books of all time would never have been read by me if not for such websites that let me communicate with others and keep in contact with friends. Who would have thought I genuinely enjoy social media?

5. Publishers and Authors. Bloggers would be nothing without either of these two groups. To authors, you guys make me bawl my eyes out in the best possible way while my heart beats rapidly. To publishers, you help make such feelings possible (and sometimes they even happen months in advance). I aspire to be part of this industry in a more direct way one day, and I am so hopeful for the future.

~*~Top 5 True Things I Am Thankful For~*~

1. My family. My Dad is my best friend and I could never live without him. Oddly enough, coming to college has strengthened my relationship with my mother. My sister will always be my sister. haha

2. My friends. I think this is self-explanatory, but since coming to college I'm discovering those who a true friends and those who aren't. These people are essential to life. I have a small group of friends that can be relied upon for everything, and I will forever be thanksful.

3. My pets. I never realized how important pets are until I came to college and I can't sleep with them everyday and see them. My dog passed away this Summer and I still miss her terribly. Whenever I head home, I'm constantly cuddling with my cats. Seriously, guys, love your pets while you're still at home. They provide constant companionship that genuinely means something, even if it seems like it doesn't in the moment.

4. Books. My transition to college has not been the easiest. Books and this community has allowed me to escape reality (something I need now more than ever) and I'm really thankful for it. Books, just never stop creating books. Ever.

5. College Meal Plans. Hello, lovely. You've saved my life and kept me alive and even support my midnight cravings for pizza and/or ice cream. You are a God-send. That is all.

Link me to your TTT posts and have a Happy Turkey Day/First Day of Hanukkah! <3

Really, it's Thanksgivukkah!


7 comments:

  1. <3333333333

    THAT THANKSGIVUKKAH THING IS HYSTERICAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing post Lili! And this Jewish girl highly approves of that Thanksgivukkah pic!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the list, huzzah! And that Thanksgivukkah picture made me giggle shamelessly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for you too! Blogging wouldn't be nearly as fun. Yes to Twitter and DOUBLE YES to college meal plans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks sweetie! Life is better with blogger friends in it. :)

    Remembering books is the reason I started blogging. The community was a nice perk.

    I am jealous of your access to every book ever thanks to the NYPL.

    The food at my school was pretty bad, but it was nice having food always ready and prepared for you. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete