Waiting on Wednesday #36


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.
 
My pick of the week is...
 
The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle

Growing up in privileged, Manhattan social circles, Caggie’s life should be perfect, and it almost was until the day that her younger sister drowned when Caggie was supposed to be watching her. Stricken by grief, Caggie pulls away from her friends and family, only to have everyone misinterpret a crucial moment when she supposedly saves a fellow classmate from suicide. Now she’s famous for something she didn’t do and everyone lauds her as a hero. But inside she still blames herself for the death of her sister and continues to pull away from everything in her life, best friend and perfect boyfriend included. Then Caggie meets Astor, the new boy at school, about whom rumours are swirling and known facts are few. In Astor she finds someone who just might understand her pain, because he has an inner pain of his own. But the more Caggie pulls away from her former life to be with Astor, the more she realises that his pain might be darker, and deeper, than anything she’s ever felt. His pain might be enough to end his life…and Caggie’s as well.
~*~Why I Am Awaiting~*~

This looks like a very powerful story, so I am excited for it. I love the concept of a reluctant hero, so this book has a lot of promise! I also believe that this book takes place in New York City, so I am excited because I live here now!

Link me to your WoW picks when you get the chance! 


9 comments:

  1. I think I got this one back in August! It's on Edelweiss! I loved Rebecca Serle's WHEN YOU WERE MINE, so I knew I could not pass u the chance to read this book. I hope you get to read this one soon, Lili! And I hope you enjoy it.

    Well, I'm sure you happy to be back home (I know I am!) - so I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to be home it's absurd <3

      Delete
  2. I have this one on my wishlist, it sounds so good. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just really like this cover of this one. It makes me think of OZ!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I had the same initial reaction!

      Delete
  4. The cover dragged me in first, but I now really like the synopsis! Rumors, heros, and shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could you not want to read it?!

      Delete