The Broadway Review!

~*~What Is It~*~

The Broadway Review is a new feature here at Lili's Reflections meant to share my personal experiences with Broadway shows with my amazing readers. I figured we can all fangirl and you can learn about new ways to see shows! This feature was inspired when I opened my nineteenth birthday gift from my Aunt, only to find a special binder meant for collecting playbills from Broadway shows. "You're in New York City! Take advantage of the possibilities!" she said, and indeed I have. Thus, all of my experiences are here for your convenience. A small disclaimer though...I am by no means the perfect critic when it comes to musical theater. It's simply a love of mine that makes me hate the fact that I don't have any talented bone in my body, thus this feature is meant to be fun instead of truly analytical. Do not base your experiences off of my own opinions though.


~*~How It Is Rated~*~

The rating scale is rather simple because it's rated on a scale with only three options: two thumbs down, one thump up, or two thumbs up. I think they're all pretty self-explanatory with what is best and what is worst. However, I'm going to be honest here and say most reviews will be two thumbs up. I am not only a Broadway nut, but I tend to focus on shows I know I am going to love since tickets are rather expensive. The purpose of this is for me to gush and share my thoughts and for you to get ideas about Broadway if and when you are ever in New York!


~*~What You Fill Wind~*~

Every post will have two main sections. The first is a section describing my journey to the tickets so that you can learn some potential cheats to cheap tickets. The second is my actual review of the show. It will have no spoilers and it is meant to be fun!On top of that you will learn the general synopsis of the show as well as how much it cost me to get tickets and, of course, where I sat so that I can document it forever.

~*~Shows Reviewed~*~ 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! You are a lucky duck to be in New York. I'm a HUGE Broadway nerd, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all those shows I'm dying to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And ugh, you have no idea how thankful I am to be in NYC! ESPECIALLY when it comes to Broadway!

      Delete