Waiting on Wednesday #41


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

My pick of the week is...

The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes

 Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is used to getting what she wants, and when her boyfriend Jason breaks up with her for no reason, what she wants is to win him back before the start of their senior year. Lainey and her friend Bianca check the interwebz for tips and tricks, but the online dating advice is all pretty lame.

Then the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. Didn't someone once say that love is a battlefield? Jason isn't going to stand a chance once Lainey and Bee go all Zhou Dynasty on him...

Old school strategy and subterfuge meet modern-day dramarama in the story of a girl who sets out to win at all costs and ends up discovering what's really worth fighting for.

~*~Why I Am Waiting~*~
 Paula Stokes is a favorite of mine under her other name, Fiona Paul. I am so excited for her first novel under her real name and to make it even more awesome...it's a hilarious-looking contemporary! Plus, I'm on the street team so.. *hair flips* everyone needs this amazingness in their life.

Link me to your WoW posts when you get the chance!  

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Fiona Paul, but I've heard her other series is great and I've been hearing good things about this one, so maybe I'll check it out!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound amazing! I really enjoyed Venom, so I'm definitely excited for this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paula! She's awesome and I've had so many awesome twitter convos with her! I still haven't read Venom, even though I have it, but I just got this one as an eARC and can't wait to read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep! So excited about this one too! Did you see it on Edelweiss yet?!? I can't wait to dive in! I hope you love it so much! Fiona/Paula IS freaking amazing!!!

    XOXO, Inky
    My Hyperventilating on Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read this one! Last week you mentioned you were autoapproved for Harper on Edelweiss, so you should be able to get this one! (: I downloaded it this morning, and I'm resisting the urge to start it!

    Great pick!

    Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete