Today's My Birthday? What!

You heard it right! On this day, nineteen years ago, I was brought into the universe. What a monumental moment, eh? ;)


But really, that's beside the point. The point is that today marks the day of my 19th birthday and it took 19 years for me to be really happy. I don't know what it is about 2014, but this is the year of looking up for me. The end of 2013, really the last three and a half months spent at college, was probably one of the lowest points of my life. I was past the point of misery to say the least and even contemplated leaving my school at one point. Things were tough.

But here we are, a mere month and a half into a new year, and things are already looking up. I can't say I've had great birthdays recently. I failed my drivers test on my birthday two years ago, last year I fell on my ass and nearly died while I was also sick. The list goes on. But this year, I'm content. More then content really, I'm happy. Thus, 2014 is looking bright.

I think that this is in large part due to my trip to Israel. As I said before, this trip changed me. Though it may not have been religiously, it definitely affected my temperament and the way I look at the world. I don't let the negative things effect me as much and I'm trying to be more positive. The annoying people that annoy me prove to be a source of laughter instead of distaste. Like the girl who is sitting in my lounge currently talking about how she is such a slut and wants to have some steamy sex. Girl, I'm laughing so hard you're giving me some amazing abs. Keep the insanity that causes nobody to take you seriously coming.


But, really, a huge part of my happiness is thanks to reconnecting with all of my blogging friends. I wasn't that active with any of you during my first semester and I seriously think that contributed to my misery. The people who I can rant to no matter what and will listen to everything I have to say and simply understand were not in my life. So, today's really a day to thank you!

I don't feel like I have to sit here and write paragraphs upon paragraphs detailing why I love each and every one of you because I hope, by now, you know how much you mean to me.

So thanks...

Gillian, Christina, Ellis, Krista, Becca, Jennifer, Bekka, Jenni, Kelly, Jon, Meg, Alexa, Stephanie, Tynga, Jenn, Helen, Christianna, Gaby, Shae, Summer, Samantha, Steph, Kara, Jenni, Blythe, Katie, Molli, Jessie, Montana, Hannah, Liza, Inky, Jamie, Angie, Nelli, and so many more that I can't even name you all.

Some of you I have known for a while, some of you I haven't known for long, but you all mean something to me, even if you don't know it. I love having all of you in my life. Thanks for everything and, well, you know...keeping me sane. <3

    Just because I can...

    11 comments:

    1. <33333333 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HUZZAH IN DEED!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy Birthday Girl! I'm so happy that this year is turning around and being positive for you! Good job for being nice life! Hope your day is amazing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope it's amazing too! <3 Thank you, Christianna!

        Delete
    3. Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm glad to hear you having such a positive attitude and that things are looking up for you. May you continue to be so blessed.

      ReplyDelete
    4. AAAAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILI! YOU ARE SO AWESOME AND SO MUCH FUN TO SQUEAL AND GIGGLE WITH! Yes, even lose too on WWF. I CAN'T IMAGINE BLOGGING WITHOUT YOU! HERE'S TO 2014!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL YOU HAVE IN STORE ON LILI'S REFLECTIONS!

      Xoxoxox, Inky

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. AHHH INKY THIS MADE ME SMILE SO BIG! <3

        Delete
    5. AHHHHHH I AM SO LATE TO THIS PARTY.

      I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS AWESOME. I've been sort of off the radar a lot of the time lately, but here is a much belated hug! *BEAR HUGS*

      ReplyDelete