Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.
Top ten books that will make you cry...this is a hard one. I easily get emotionally invested in my characters. I feel their pain and hurt for them, but it's hard to actually make me cry for them. So, all these books are just wow.
In no particular order...
1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - Do I really need to explain why this book made me bawl? It's a cancer story, but it's a happy one, yet it's still a cancer story in the end.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - This book will always make me cry. It is my ultimate favorite book and the tears will always flow.
3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - If you have not read this book, read it now. The tears are going to come no matter what, but they're so, so worth it.
4. Rogue by Gina Damico - An amazing series ender that completely blew me away, but there was a lot going on with some side characters that ripped my heart to pieces (which shows just how amazing this series ender was).
5. Champion by Marie Lu - Both satisfying and terribly heartbreaking, but thank the lord it is not ALLEGIANT.
6. The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - I had to read this one for class and it broke my heart for obvious reasons. I've never been able to handle Holocaust stories well and for such a tale to be told from such a perspective was heartbreaking.
7. The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas - This is the fourth of the prequel novellas and it summed up all the reasons why our main character is the way she is. And it killed my heart in the process. I mean ripped it out and took a hammer to it.
8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - There's one scene in this that is the winner of the "holy crap that just happened and now I have to cry it out" award, and it's not even the ending. THAT IS HOW AMAZING THIS BOOK IS.
9. Fractured by Sarah Fine - I was really invested in this book because of how much I loved book one. Hell, I loved it so much that I was mentioned in the acknowledgments of book two. So, when something happened in this book near the end, my world was completely torn apart and the tears flowed.
10. Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard - I will give nothing away about this. But, wow, the tears.
Such a wide variety of books in this one. Don't forget to share your list with me!