Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

In no particular order I love being a blogger and reader because of...

1. My friends. All of you understand me and some of you I simply cannot live without. I would not have met you if not for being a blogger.

2. My fellow bloggers. You guys keep me going and help me create new ideas for my blog. Thank you for challenging me to keep up with everyone else.

3. My readers. As stupid as it seems, you motivate me to be a better and focused person. Every comment makes me so happy, you have no idea. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to read my blog and show me that my work is appreciated.

4. I have an escape. Where do people that don't read escape to?! I don't get it! Everyone needs an escape!

5. I've discovered so many new books. I never would have discovered half of my favorite books if not for the blogosphere. This is also attributed to the fact that the blogosphere has taught me how not to be a cover snob.

6. I have befriended authors. I've finally realized that they are not untouchable, but they're real people too.

7. I've solidified my choice in my future career. I know that whatever I do, I must always be surrounded by books.

8. I finally understand my taste in books. I no longer have to waste money on crappy pieces of literature that make me cringe.

9. I always have something to talk about. Even if someone doesn't care, I've got a new book that I can prattle on about forever.

10. I have perfected the art of fangirling. If I have introduced you to a new book, then you have the blogosphere to thank for this.

Don't forget to link me to your TTT posts!

15 comments:

  1. Great list! I definitely agree with all of them, but 4, 5, 6 & 10 specifically! I love fangirling with other bloggers! So fun!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of my favorites too <3

      Delete
  2. You know, I agree with you about not wasting time on crappy books. I appreciate reading reviews that save me from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Like there are always those books that I want to give a chance even though they're not getting the best reviews, but I know at least what I'm getting into!

      Delete
  3. I never realized how important books are to me until I became a blogger. They've always been there but since blogging I feel more comfortable talking about my books and being proud that I'm a nerd. ;-)

    Nette
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we're all nerds and that's okay ;) The one thing college has taught me is that people will accept you. They may not be like you, but they sure as hell will accept you.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant list! I've learnt to not waste time reading books I'm simply not enjoying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5. I've discovered so many new books. - Me too. And fangirling. ♥ I love fangirling with other reader who really understand what I'm talking about.

    http://riisibooks.blogspot.fi/2014/02/top-ten-reasons-i-love-being-readerbook.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we can't fangirl, then you just aren't a reader. Fangirling is life now

      Delete
  6. Oh fangirling! It's just the best, isn't it?!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Gotta live fangirling!
    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks :) Fangirling is the greatest <3 Where do people who don't read escape to? I feel bad for them as they are definitely missing out! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
    Awesome list <3

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with all of your lists. I love meeting people through bookish connections. Or just striking up a conversation with people about what they're reading right now.

    ReplyDelete