March Monthly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~

Unfortunately for me...this was not a favorable month review wise.

Books Reviewed:
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger - 3.5 stars
Fifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology by various authors - 3 stars
The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle - 2.5 stars
Death Sworn by Leah Cypress - 2 stars
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell - 1.5 stars
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy - DNF (0.5 stars)

Books Reviewed on Tynga's Reviews:
Shadowland by Meg Cabot - 4 stars

The Broadway Review:
  • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
  • My first review went up of ONCE. It got two thumbs up and a harrowing journey to the tickets on a freezing Saturday morning. Check it out here.
  • My second review went up of Idina Menzel's new show IF/THEN. It didn't wow me the way I was hoping, but at least I can say I've seen Idina perform live on stage. See why I'm slightly skeptical here!
Discussion Posts:
  • I shared a post on why I have anxiety over finishing a series and ask all of my readers to help me with therapy here! Does anyone else find the prospect of actually finishing a series to be daunting?
College Blogging 101 Posts: 

~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

TV:
  • Well, I watched season two of Once Upon A Time. Again, I loved it. Lots of new risks and plot twists galore, but I have to say that Charming's character gets the award for some of the most obvious and worst dialogue ever written. Tweet me if you want to discuss. Because I finished season two, I watched the first half of season three as a marathon that ended three minutes before the midseason premiere of season three occurred. Talk about being a winner. Wow...just wow. That was a killer season and can I say I ship Captain Swan so hard?! If you don't, then don't even look at me. Also, I freaking loved Peter Pan and nobody can judge me for it. If you like retellings then you simply must watch this series! The midseason premiere of season three did not disappoint and it promises some amazing wickedness to come!
  • My mother and sister are huge reality television buffs, so over Spring Break I caught up on Survivor so that I could continue to share my thoughts on the shenanigans with them now that I'm back in school. Honestly, this year's twist of Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn is rather entertaining and intriguing. Would definitely love to discuss it with anyone on Twitter if there are other fans hiding in the shadows! With that in mind...Trish, you make me cringe. Your kids are probably hiding somewhere from embarrassment with your antics and stupidity these days.
  • Hello! The premiere of Dancing With The Stars happened this month and I loved it! I can't say I'm not a fan of our two older contestants but I'm really loving the pairings this year (and I'm hoping this new twist sucks because I don't want anyone to change partners). I hope Cody Simpson gets voted out soon and I can't wait to see Amy, Meryl, and Charlie own the stage. It's also really nice to see that Maks is back because I missed him a lot. With that in mind...I really hate the new co-host, even if she was once his partner. No sharing thoughts on who has left because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who may have some catching up to do!
  • I have started watching Once Upon A Time in Wonderland because I'm really curious about the spin-off. Of course, when I get nine episodes into the first season they announce they're cancelling it on the next episode (either 14 or 15). This episode has already been filmed and was not planned to be the series finale, so it makes things even worse because odds are the overarching issues that have kept me watching will not be solved. I don't know if I should continue or not! With that in mind, I want another spin-off, either in Oz or Neverland if you ask me.
Movies:
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ended up being a movie night pick between my friends and I because we wanted to watch an oldie that made us happy. Needless to say, I loved it just as much as I did the first time. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this movie (or the books).
  • I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel on a whim. I wanted to see it because, hello, it's Wes Anderson and his master storytelling techniques. Plus, the cast in this movie was absolutely absurd. My friend had a digital ticket for the first showing of the movie in Union Square's VIP showroom. Unfortunately, the morning of the showing, she was really sick. 35 minutes before it started she texted me her ticket and told me that if I didn't accept she'd kick me in the shins. Needless to say I accepted the ticket and ran for the Subway. I made it into the theater just as the final preview began, settled in on my comfortable balcony chair that I had no idea movie theaters actually had freaking balconies and enjoyed the ride. I laughed so unbelievably hard and highly recommend seeing this if you like quirky comedies with insane and outlandish stories in the best possible way. With that in mind, I would not recommend seeing it with a parent. I feel as if certain parts of it can be slightly awkward.
  • The Veronica Mars Movie came out during my Spring Break. Right before Spring Break I was having an issue at college. Nothing big really, I just found out someone close to me lied about something very important and I couldn't wait to get away. I think this is why my Dad ended up inviting himself to see the movie with me instead of making me go alone, but I'm totally cool with that. I constantly flailed and laughed and, wow, I was just happy throughout the entire showing. My one complaint is that the ending seemed slightly rushed, but I'm hoping it was only that way since it seemed as if the movie was being set up for a sequel. But the sequel is the new mystery series that Rob Thomas is writing...so I'll see what's going on with that eventually.
  • I saw Divergent with my friend Tabitha and I was oddly satisfied. They mostly stayed true to the book and only altered miniscule things that didn't both me as much. I was worried about the casting of Four and was really happy with him, as I was the entire cast. Really loved the Dauntless training and the actor who played Eric was damn brilliant. Ansel Elgort's running though...ouch. I say give this one a chance if you have the opportunity to. I don't have much else to say because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There's a running scene in the movie and it was supposed to be suspenseful but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him because he was all gangly limbs and awkwardness!

      Delete
    2. Was it when they were running to the train? One thing that bothered me was that in the movie, Caleb choosing Erudite was seen as his decision, but it in the book, his parents have him choose it to spy. I felt it was pointless for them to leave that out, yet spend time showing how Caleb was so selfless and loved helping others. It makes him look stupid when he admits to Tris that he had no idea about Erudites corruption. /rant

      Delete
    3. It was! And that bugged me too. Also that they got rid of the leader of the Factionless but oh well.

      Delete