I'm a retelling nut, so I'm going to share with you my top ten favorite retellings, and my top four least favorite retellings overall. Take a look and check out the links for my reviews ;)
In no particular order...
1. The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors - The Ugly Duckling retelling
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (and the rest of the series) - Cinderella and so much more
3. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay - Beauty and the Beast retelling
4. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen - Robin Hood retelling
5. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George - Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling
6. Enchanted by Alethea Kontis - The Frog Prince and several more retellings
7. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Beauty and the Beast retelling
8. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy - several fairytales retelling from the Prince's perspectives
9. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce - Little Red Riding Hood retelling
10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - Titanic in space retelling! Yaaaasss!
Just like there are the books that make you glow with happiness, there are books that make you want to bash your head into a wall. These were some of those retellings for me. If you trust my opinion at all, back away from these titles slowly whenever you encounter them.
1. Nameless by Lili St. Crow - Snow White retelling
2. Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross - Sleeping Beauty retelling
3. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase - new adult Princess Diaries retelling
4. Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance - Pride and Prejudice retelling
Share your TTT's below and comment with your favorite retellings so that I can check them out!