Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

The one thing I ask is that nobody hunts me down and threatens to skewer me for not reading some of these authors. They are all young adult and popular today. Okay.

In no particular order...

1. Sarah Dessen I know, I know. Just shoot me now. She is perhaps the young adult ruler of contemporary novels and I haven't even attempted a single book. It'll happen eventually, I just have to be in the right mood. Any recommendations for my first Dessen read?

2. Veronica Rossi This one will change soon because I'm pretty sure Gillian will shoot me if I don't read it soon. I've heard nothing short of amazing things about this series, I just had to get my hands on them. Now that I have book one and book two signed, there's nothing stopping me.

3. Ellen Hopkins If I said that I simply never had any interest, would any of you understand?

4. Kelley Armstrong I have to double what I just said for Ellen Hopkins on this one.

5. Robin LaFevers Okay, so I didn't read her books initially because the size scared me and I was slightly overwhelmed by just picking them up. That will change this summer when I finally have more time on my hands and I'm totally excited for it.

6. Elizabeth Eulberg I really only started getting into contemporary novels in 2013, okay?! I was never a big contemporary reader before last year.

7. Christopher Paolini I attempted his first book and put it down a few chapters in, never to pick it up again. I know so many people who grew up with his dragons and they weren't for me then and definitely aren't for me now.

8. Jennifer Echols This one will change eventually because I really want to read Such a Rush, I just have to obtain a copy of it or convince my library to buy it.

9. Sarah Rees Brennan I don't like scary things and for whatever reason I associate Brennan with scary books, but again, I'm determined to read her work one day because so many close friends have loved it.

10. Greatchen McNeil Lalalala scary things will never be read by me. That is all.

And now I must ask...did you make it to the end without wanting to kill me? Comment below with your thoughts and share your TTT posts with me (so I can threaten to kill you! muahaha!).

21 comments:

  1. SARAH DESSEN! I'd start her books in publishing order, but my two favorites (I go back and forth with which one is my fav Dessen book) are ALONG FOR THE RIDE and THIS LULLABY. And I haven't read Veronica Rossi (actually, the majority of your list) either!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! At least I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. You pretty much have to read VRossi. It's a life requirement. YOU WILL LOVE IT WHY DO YOU INSIST ON DEPRIVING YOURSELF ditto LaFevers and Brenna but especially Rossi COME ON LILI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T INSIST! I JUST HAVEN'T HAD THE TIME! I TOLD YOU I WILL READ HER SOON!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of those writers either, and haven't even heard of some of them. My whole life, I've been extremely out of touch with modern, popular writers, actors, and musicians.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sucks a lot for you actually :/ Be in touch girl! You're in the blogosphere!

      Delete
  5. I suspect that you will really like Robin Lafevers books. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like you need to read at least one Sarah Dessen book. She's not my favorite, but she is good.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own a few, so I'll probably get to them this summer.

      Delete
  7. I still need to read Rossi, too. I got Under the Never Sky round when it came out, just not gotten to it.

    We read Grave Mercy for book club and we all LOVED it.

    I tried a Eulberg book for a book club that no one ever participated in. Novella formated into novel "length" and one of the more painful things I forced myself to finish. Not even in league with John Green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I'm with you on almost all of these! I tried Eragon, but...eh. I just couldn't get into it. (I was a little bored...but it was a long time ago, so maybe I should retry?) I should read some Sarah Dessen too! Oh gosh, I can't believe I forgot to put her on my list! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S DESSEN! LIKE QUEEN OF CONTEMPORARY LOVE STORIES. NEITHER OF US ARE WORTHY! (but especially you since you forgot about her (; )

      Delete
  9. Great list! I haven't read any of these either...well, except for Sarah Rees Brennan in a short co-written book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good list, I completely understand the whole not being interested in Ellen Hopkins books because despite the fact that she's my favorite writer I know that her books aren't something that everyone would enjoy. I also haven't read Sarah Dessen so I can't recommend where to start there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Ellen Hopkins I think is a refined taste

      Delete
  11. The only author on this list that I have read is Sarah Dessen (two books). I guess I have unique taste in books, so if you see my list I'm pretty sure you will feel like threatening me! I am prepared!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah Dessen made my list too! I don't know why I haven't read anything of hers yet, but I just haven't been introduced to that one by her that makes me feel like I NEED to read it, you know? Haha

    ReplyDelete