Top Ten Things on My Bookish Bucket List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

In no particular order...

1. Go to ALA. 
I've been to BEA, but I've yet to have gone to ALA. Since I worked in a library for nearly two years as my very first job, I'd really love to go to ALA as both a book nerd and lover of libraries.

2. Go to comic con.
Again! BEA but no comic con, even though it's held right here in New York City once a year! I want to go for the overall experience. The books are a plus, but I feel like this is an out of this world convention that'll take me to new places.

3. Read a book entirely in another language.
I can speak enough Italian that my Italian professor thinks this is a definite possibility for me. One day I've got to put this to the test! One of my favorite foreign films is based off of a best-selling Italian novel. I kind of want to give it a chance!

4. Read a 1,000+ page book.
I've read an 800 page book, but I've yet to read a true epic tale. I want this to happen one day...and I want to be so impressed that the time was well worth it and I was left completely floored.

5. Own a house where I have an entire room dedicated to being a personal library and reading room.
Does this one really need any explanation? One day I will own a house and that house will have an entire room meant to be my own personal library and reading room. Until the day comes where there's so many books that I can't fit that awesome chaise lounge in it anymore so then I'll have to buy a bigger house that has a library room and a separate reading room.

6. Meet Markus Zusak, give him a hug, and get him to sign my copy of THE BOOK THIEF.
Pretty self-explanatory. He is my favorite author after all and I do live my life with the belief in the power of words that he has endowed in me.

7. Meet all my bookish friends!
This'll be hard because there's so many of you, but I'll meet every single one of you some day. 

8. Get a job in the publishing industry. 
It's going to happen one day, people! I'm working towards a publishing degree after all!

9. Write a book.
I never want to publish it, but I want to write a book before I die. I feel like it's a huge accomplishment that would make me happy.

10. Finish the Harry Potter series.
One day I'll be able to say goodbye. I'm just not ready to yet!

Share your TTT lists with me below!

6 comments:

  1. So many great things! I'm jealous that you've been to BEA - it looks so awesome. The timing/money has just never worked out well for me. One day!

    Like your room, I need a reading nook. Neither of my spare rooms work out well for a reading room at the moment. One has the dog's cage in it and I have other plans for that room when the time comes and the other room is absolutely freezing come winter time. So, next house. Next house will have a nook and it'll be perfect.

    I know you have an issue with finishing series, but you must finish Harry Potter. That last book is just so epic - nothing compare to the movie. I mean, yes, the movie was good - but the book so much better!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will read HARRY POTTER one day! haha! It will happen or Gillian will shoot me.

      I don't have a reading nook or anything...I just WANT one haha

      Delete
  2. I really want to go to BEA someday, it sounds so awesome! A reading room and library would be great to have in my house, but for now I'm stuck with reading wherever I can and shoving all my books into a space.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beyond awesome! Every reader should do it at least once!

      I'm the same, girl!

      Delete
  3. I thought I was the only one who wanted to write a book never to be published. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I just achieved #5 but i need more shelves now :/ I wish you luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete