April Montly Recap

~*~On The Blog~*~

I am so happy that this month was much better than last month. Lots of good and just short of perfect books with only one true disappointment. I think I would have gone insane if I had another month of disappointments.

Books Reviewed:
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes - 4.5 stars
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith - 4.5 stars
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman - 4 stars
Starling by Fiona Paul - 4 stars
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins - 3 stars
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins - 2.5 stars

Books Reviewed on Tynga's Reviews:
Ninth Key by Meg Cabot - 3.5 stars (The Mediator #2)
Reunion by Meg Cabot - 4 stars (The Mediator #3)

The Broadway Review:
  • I introduced this new feature here if you want to check it out! This feature is dependent upon audience interest, so please comment on any of the reviews if you still want me to keep it!
  • I spent a solid 8 days obsessed with CHICAGO! I watched the movie the first Friday of this month, saw the show the following Friday, and watched my school's dancing showcase where they did their own version of the "Cell-Block Tango" on Saturday. Check out my experience with the show here!
Discussion Posts:
  • I will go down with this ship! I won't put my hands up and surrender! See why the krakens will never taken me down here. This is perhaps one of my favorite discussion posts in a while.
  • I've been hit by the blogger insecurities fairy. I've been struggling with my blog for a while and I decided to come clean about it here. Honestly, I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders and I thank you all for the support. Surprisingly, there are apparently a lot of other bloggers out there who have had similar experiences to me.This is perhaps one of my most important discussion posts ever.
College Blogging 101 Posts: 
  • Gaby from Queen Ella Bee Reads stopped by to share some advice about balancing blogging and friends. Never allow blogging to take away from your social life and friendships!
  • I wrote a post about how you shouldn't let the memes eat you alive! Your blog is your place to share who you are as a person, don't hesitate to create original content and have non-bookish discussions!
  • I did skip a post this month in honor of everyone spending time with their loved ones for Easter, but Alyssa from the Eater of Books stopped by this past Sunday to discuss time management and how blog schedules help her! Check it out here.

~*~What I've Been Watching~*~

TV:
  • So, I stumbled across My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and I couldn't pass it up because I binged another TLC Gypsy show in my dorm room one day when I was so sick I could not get out of bed. I finished all of season one in about three days. If you like Toddlers & Tiara's style shenanigans, than this is the perfect show for you! It's the same ideal, but with psychotic grown ups that genuinely do love their very unique culture.
  • I've continued watching Survivor to appease my family and I can honestly say that I despise Tony with a burning passion. That's all I've got for this one.
  • Once Upon A Time is completely blowing my mind, though the most recent episode was not that great. The season is almost coming to an end and I don't know if I can handle it! The wickedness and all the homages to classic fairytales plus THE WIZARD OF OZ is agh! <3 and HOOOOOOOOOK <3 I love you, Hook!
  • The Challenge: Free Agents premiered this month and I am so happy because my sister and I love this show! Crazy people doing super crazy things for money and then they get even crazier back at their house?! Sign me up! Please, if any of you watch, comment below or tweet me because I need some fellow fans to freak out with.
Movies:
  • Monsters University is the only full movie that I've sat through this month because it's been nice enough for me to go outside (finally!) I have learned that Gillian has never watched this movie and it is my mission in life to change this. As far as Pixar sequels go, this is a great one!
Do you have a monthly recap or thoughts on anything I'm reading/reviewing/watching? Share your thoughts below! Every comment is greatly appreciated! <3

2 comments:

  1. It has been a great month! I hope May is just as productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my fingers crossed! A little worried because the first half of May is finals and the last week BEA, but in between all I'll be doing is reading!!! <3

    ReplyDelete