Top Ten Characters Who Induce the Swoons


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This is how this is going to work...This list has no particular order, but I'm going to use three to five words that I think describe said boy after I name them because, frankly, I want you to discover them and their swooniness for yourselves. You just may need a little push from me! I'm also limiting myself to books I've read in the past 6 months because there are so many swoons for everyone!


1. Max Vandenburg from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

  • considerate
  • caring
  • kind-hearted
  • passionate


2. Daniel Cohen from Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman

  • intelligent
  • driven
  • honest
  • determined









3. Hector from The Girl of Fire and Thorn Series by Rae Carson

  • protective
  • perfect
  • HECTORRRRRRRR *keyboard smash*










4. Jesse de Silva from The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

  • always seeking knowledge
  • gorgeous
  • intelligent
  • caring
  • kind
  • the list goes on and on because HE IS MY FUTURE HUSBAND

5. Daniel from Something Strange and Deadly series by Susan Dennard

  • candid
  • honest
  • braininess
  • rough around the edges
  • saving the world one evil Dead at a time
  • AKA a really smart super-hero inventor


6. Jase Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

  • Athletic
  • Care-free
  • Kind
  • Family-Oriented











7. Micah from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
  • unique
  • caring
  • interesting
  • open











8. Ignifex from Cruel Beauty from Rosamond Hodge

  • dark
  • twisted
  • surprising
  • caring
  • cruel
  • beautiful








9. Captain Carswell Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

  • confident
  • hilarious
  • full of surprises










10. Tarver from These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

  • protective
  • focused
  • intelligent
  • military-man that everyone needs in their life








Other Notable Loves: Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss, Malachi from the Guards of the Shadowland Series, Chaol from The Throne of Glass Series, and so many more that it's literally impossible to name them all.

There are so many more swoony people, but I've done many lists like this before and these were some of the most recent 10 for me. Don't forget to share your TTT posts below!

26 comments:

  1. Great list. I haven't read a lot of these (I will have to add a lot of these to my TBR list) but definitely agree about swooning for Max from The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he's not a love interest since our main character is a little girl BUT I WANTED TO MARRY HIM!

      Delete
  2. I love Max from the Book Thief SO FREAKING MUCH. I really, really wanted Liesel to grow up and marry him. I absolutely adored him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! IF ONLY THE AGE GAP WASN'T SO HUGE! But I'm okay that she didn't because he's all mine! muahahahahha

      Delete
  3. Brilliant lost Lili. I've recently read Prisoner of Night and Fog and completely agree with you about Daniel! :-) I need to read some of your other picks! I love how you've picked out their best qualities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissi! <3 I was trying to write blurbs and they all looked the same "he's caring and perfect and great and JUST READ IT!" So I went a different route haha

      And Daniel is now going to be a heartbreaker starting today!

      Delete
  4. Ugh, Thorne and Jesse are so swoony. And Tarver! I NEED to read MY LIFE NEXT DOOR! And I've heard great things about Hector. Great list!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO MEET HECTOR! IF I HAD TO PUT A TOP THREE ON THIS LIST, HE'S IN IT!

      oops caps, sorry dear

      Delete
  5. First off, ALL THE JEWISH BOYS! Hell yes! Also Hector!!!!! And Iggy too! I think he'd hate that I call him Iggy (but who cares, it's not like he's real)...
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god...you called him IGGY! hahahaha

      Ugh but we got two good Jewish boys up there, Jesse de Silva and Max <3 I'm marrying one of them! Dad would be happy haha

      Delete
  6. Awesome list! I actually wound up doing swoon worthy characters/couples for half of my list this week and Throne made number 1, he's just sooooooo....you know? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know ;) I actually had trouble picking out some adjectives for him!

      Delete
  7. Agree with Max - have you seen The Book Thief movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I'm a little bummed about how the guy who played him looked physically. I mean, a HUGE part of the reason Max survived to that point was because he looked Aryan (blonde hair and blue eyes) despite the fact that he was Jewish and had a generally beaten and tough exterior. So the brunette aspect of him didn't please me, but damn, was he good. The entire movie was just so so good. Liesel and Papa were definitely sheer perfection.

      Delete
  8. Great list! Loved seeing Daniel from Prisoner of Night and Fog there.
    Also, this made me want to read My Life Next Door like RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He so deserves to be there though!

      DO IT!

      Delete
  9. DANIEL!!! Sorry, had to get that out :) I cannot wait for Strange and Ever After! Ugh, the chemistry between those two is just too much. Will they just make babies already!? On a less obsessive note: Love Jessie, love Thorne, love Max, soon to love Jase.

    I went a different route with my Top Ten Tuesday - best friends forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon to love Jase! Oh my gosh, read it now, Andrea! <3

      Delete
  10. I swoon at all those Lunar Chronicles boys - Wolf, Thorne, Kai... I'll take any of them any day of the week and twice on Sundays. :)

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket - Characters That Made Me Nuts, Then Made It All Better Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. twice on Sundays!!!! hahah <3 I may have to steal that from you! They're all swoon worthy for different reasons, but I think Thorne is the best, personally.

      Delete
  11. I love how we picked the same topic AND three of the same guys hahahahahaha. Great minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am on my way to your blog now! ;)

      Delete
  12. Great list! I'm reading Cruel Beauty now, and really need to read some of these other books to!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of these I haven't read yet, but they're on my wishlist. It's great to know I have some swooniness to look forward to!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this feature! I'm so behind on meeting some of these swoon worthy guys but feel more inspired to get to reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete