Top Ten Most Unique Books I've Ever Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's list was actually a little hard to put together for me. Enjoy!


1. All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry - I have never seen a book written from this perspective before. It's damn hard, but Berry made it work!

2. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - Prior to reading this book, I refused to read sad tales and cancer stories entirely. John Green has cured me of this habit.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Not only is this an ultimate favorite of mine, but this book is narrated by Death! Hello uniqueness!
 

4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab - The entire story is two antiheroes fighting for what they both believe is right...never saw such twisted amazingness coming. And I can honestly say I've never read (and loved) anything quite like it.

5. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I mean, these books are unique to begin with, but these are also the only books I've read that have Britishisms in it.

6. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - The way the story is told is really convuluted and I can honestly say I have never read anything else quite like it, nor do I wish to ever read anything quite like it again.


7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - I'm not a fan of insta-love and technically this is insta-love since the book takes place over an insanely short period of time. But in this one instance it works because it's so thought out and slow burning. Bravo!

8. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - New adult without sex! Finally, something I can appreciate because it has a plot! It's also shocking to me how realistic this book is.


9. Hung Up by Kristen Tracy - This book is told through phone calls! I've actually never read it, but I sure as heck want to because it sounds cute and totally unique!

10. The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider - I think this book is unique because I've never connected with a book the way I have with this one.

Please share your TTT lists with me! I'm cringing a little, this certainly is not one of my best!

14 comments:

  1. There are so many books on this list that I want to read, but haven't yet! I don't even know where to start. I own Fangirl and The Book Thief and have yet to read either of them. I'm also DYING to read Vicious ever since I read The Archived and fell in love with Victoria Schwab's writing style. Awesome TTT, it clearly made me yearn for some of my TBR books.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly you probably picked my three favorite books that I included here aside from HP, so you have to read them!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, great list. I definitely agree about Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have thought about Fangirl since I've never read anything about Fan Fiction before. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very unique, right? Like fanfiction, NA without the sex, a truly real depiction that is unparalleled. Rainbow Rowell rocks my socks off, that's all there is to it.

      Delete
  4. I love Fangirl and completely agree with your statement! I also love Jennifer E. Smith and again I agree with what you said about it. =) I need to read Vicious! As for Beginning Of Everything I really enjoyed that book but wasn't thrilled with the ending though I suppose it was very realistic and different. I haven't read Book Thief and don't really plan to but I feel like i'm missing out!
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE MISSING OUT! YOU MUST READ THE BOOK THIEF! IT'S MY LIFE GOAL TO MAKE EVERYONE READ THE BOOK THIEF!

      Delete
  5. You've got me curious about "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight", just added it to my TBR. Great list =) And *whispers* I haven't read the Book Thief yet...
    My TTT
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't be my friend if you haven't read The Book Thief and don't plan on reading it.

      And yay! I love Jennifer E. Smith!

      Delete
  6. We have some matching books on our lists this week! Namely TFiOS and All the Truth That's in Me! Gah, they're both so good!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Vicious! The plot sounds so different and unique.
    Also, I totally agree with what you said about Fangirl! It is such a good book,
    -Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! VICIOUS also serves as a great transition book for a YA reader to get into adult!

      Delete