Gift Card Guidance #1

For the first time in forever, I find myself with gift cards! Basically, I helped my school out by housing three different prospective students on Sunday nights and in return they decided to give me a 25 dollar gift card per student. I was told they would be Visa but I picked them up and the were Amazon!

I can't tell you how happy I've been. But, unfortunately, I'm stuck in the real world. I decided to save two of these gift cards for textbooks next year, but that leaves me $25 to spend on books now as a reward. I can get 2 books, but I'm stuck with the fact that there are 5 books I really want that release in May!

So, I need your help in deciding! Please select up to two books from the options below that you think I should buy (and subsequently review) using this lovely pretty. Please comment below with why you want that book. Honestly, I need all the help I can get because this is a tough decision!

Your choices are as follows....

1. Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
A love letter to the craft and romance of film and fate in front of—and behind—the camera from the award-winning author of Hold Still.
 
A wunderkind young set designer, Emi has already started to find her way in the competitive Hollywood film world.
 
Emi is a film buff and a true romantic, but her real-life relationships are a mess. She has desperately gone back to the same girl too many times to mention. But then a mysterious letter from a silver screen legend leads Emi to Ava. Ava is unlike anyone Emi has ever met. She has a tumultuous, not-so-glamorous past, and lives an unconventional life. She’s enigmatic…. She’s beautiful. And she is about to expand Emi’s understanding of family, acceptance, and true romance.
2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. 

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.
3. Breakable by Tammara Webber
He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.


As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.
4. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is gearing up to spend an epic summer with her amazing boyfriend, Jason, when he suddenly breaks up with her—no reasons, no warning, and in public no less! Lainey is more than crushed, but with help from her friend Bianca, she resolves to do whatever it takes to get Jason back.

And that’s when the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. With just one glance, they're sure they can use the book to lure Jason back into Lainey’s arms. So Lainey channels her inner warlord, recruiting spies to gather intel and persuading her coworker Micah to pose as her new boyfriend to make Jason jealous. After a few "dates", it looks like her plan is going to work! But now her relationship with Micah is starting to feel like more than just a game.

What's a girl to do when what she wants is totally different from what she needs? How do you figure out the person you're meant to be with, if you're still figuring out the person you're meant to be?
5. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.


~*~*~*~

Thank you for your help!

Please comment below with your reasoning and your thoughts on this new feature. It isn't every day that I get a gift card, but I think I may turn to my readers for my guidance when I do in the future if this happens to be a success. 

17 comments:

  1. GENIUS idea! Also, #5. I don't know about the other book, but definitely #5. I loved it so so so so much, it got a rare 5 stars from me. Like WOAH :D

    Good luck and happy reading!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that makes me so excited! <3

      Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  2. Definitely say yes to The Art of Lainey and We Were Liars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also vote for The Art of Lainey and We Were Liars! The Art of Lainey was an adorable, super fun read. For We Were Liars, it sounds amazing plus it's been getting great reviews. This is such a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved THE ART OF LAINEY. I gave it 4.5 stars. I really only put it here because I want a finished copy but I also want all these books and it's so hard... lol

      I AM SO EXCITED FOR WE WERE LIARS! BUT I WANT ALL 5 AND DECISIONS ARE HARD! <3

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Bahaha, only 2 words necessary. Cute response <3

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to say The Art of Lainey (haven't read it yet, but I've heard how cute it is) and To All the Boys I've Loved Before (absolutely loved this one; it had a few flaws, but it's stellar otherwise).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored THE ART OF LAINEY! and, hey, it's rare to find a book that doesn't have a flaw of some sort!

      Delete
  6. I loved We Were Liars and To All the Boys. Both are very different but worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep that in mind! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Have you read Everything Leads to You yet? I have an ARC of that one that I never requested(not really my genre) and I would love to give it a good home...unless you already have an arc and are just looking for a FC. Either way...let me know! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I just finished We Were Liars. It was AMAZING!!! I don't even read contemporary(as I said above), but I gave it a shot because I read a couple of really good reviews. Well, lets just say that it totally blew my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ IT! LIKE WOAH!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of these, so I would not be able to help, but I wish you luck in choosing. Always such a difficult decision- so many great books!

    ReplyDelete